CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tanner McEvoy should've stayed (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209704)

TroubleCock 08-31-2014 04:06 PM

Tanner McEvoy should've stayed

And the coaches should have convinced him. They knew the deal with the q's we have and I don't see why we let him go. Of course I'm watching wiscy/lsu.

Spurrier_Superior_One 08-31-2014 04:18 PM

Re: Tanner McEvoy should've stayed

McEvoy left on his own accord not wanting to face the punishment Coach Tanner put on him for the alcohol incident in NC.

sunbeam 08-31-2014 04:18 PM

Nah. Unless we actually committed to more of a true spread run approach than what we did with Shaw it wouldn't work.

If he had wanted to he would have had the athleticism to play another position. Obviously he is big and mobile, but if he had hands I think he could have been an incredible matchup problem at wr.

Or he could do very well as a qb in an offense that runs a lot. But he wouldn't have fit into what we are doing here.

Spurz 08-31-2014 04:19 PM

I saw nothing from him last night that indicated we would be better off with him here. Let it go.

kevhugh 08-31-2014 04:20 PM

All in all, he looked like a capable game manager that will do fine (but not great) on a team with a solid running game like Wiscy. I don't see him being a magic elixir here, unless of course he was on defense.

sunbeam 08-31-2014 04:22 PM

I saw a lot actually. I think he can improve, and athletically has a place to go.

I wonder how we would have done against that LSU defense in Houston? Maybe it's just me but they looked just a little bit better than A&M.

gmcockfan 08-31-2014 04:22 PM

Did you see his stats from last night? He had as many pass attempts as he had yards. Good for him he transferred bc he wouldn't see the field here at QB.

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 04:24 PM

He should have stayed so we could make new threads about how we think he shouldn't be the QB here and he should give the job to the #2 guy.

Ph/JDCock 08-31-2014 04:26 PM

We could have used him at safety perhaps; QB, not so much.

75CarolinaFan 08-31-2014 04:30 PM

8-24 for 50 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs His passer rating doesn't even have him in the top 100 of college QBs. His 1st INT cost Wisconsin the game by leading to the game winning score for LSU. Why in the hell are we even discussing this guy?

sunbeam 08-31-2014 04:40 PM

Hmmm you know it's not a given that Stave won't take the job back. He'll have to do some passing to keep that job.

But from what I've seen of our offense so far there is an outside chance he gains more rushing yards than our whole team if he keeps the job. Obviously that would mean he was Wisconsin's third leading rusher.

I don't think you realize exactly how bad we are at running the ball. And how much Shaw helped with that directly, and indirectly.

Without that I don't think we have a running game.

Ok, that's enough for a while. Guess I'll come back if East Carolina wins the game, and they win by this scenario:

They move the ball on our offense and score points (well hard to win otherwise).

But our offense doesn't keep up. Thompson looks confused at times, and doesn't know what to do. We have some good passing plays, and some that aren't so good.

Tommy Suggs will say "The guy was open." a lot. Todd says "Oh my, he should have looked in the flats, the guy was wide open! Jerrel Adams was too, streaking down the sideline."

We won't be able to do much in the way of running the ball. Twenty plus carries, 70 or 80 yards maybe. Throw the ball 40 times.

But we won't keep up scoring and lose the game.

Then everyone will start all this over again, and someone will ask why we just don't line up in the I...

And no one will be interested in answering that question, it is just a rhetorical device to incite more bitching.

ccured 08-31-2014 04:46 PM

He could have played safety or spur. He know how to wrap up.

TroubleCock 08-31-2014 05:07 PM

When I asked why, I wasn't only speaking on him playing qb, he's good at safety too.

yazoo 08-31-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4245342)

I wasn't impressed with him in the bowl game. Our safeties are better. Not sure he would play much safety for us.

trapper82 08-31-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4245309)
McEvoy left on his own accord not wanting to face the punishment Coach Tanner put on him for the alcohol incident in NC.

That's not true, not sure why you keep saying it.

Storm Of Spurs 08-31-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4245342)

Then why is he playing QB for Whisky?

ccured 08-31-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4245548)
I wasn't impressed with him in the bowl game. Our safeties are better. Not sure he would play much safety for us.

It was more of a shot at our defense the other night

Cockadoo 08-31-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormOfTalons (Post 4245569)
Then why is he playing QB for Whisky?

Because he's good at handing the ball off? Just guessing.

Storm Of Spurs 08-31-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4245576)
Because he's good at handing the ball off? Just guessing.

Must be. Because he doesn't seem to be very good at much else.

HeadCockFan 08-31-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormOfTalons (Post 4245586)
Must be. Because he doesn't seem to be very good at much else.

He is a good rusher actually.