CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What changes can and will SOS and the defensive staff make (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209709)

cockybusiness2 08-31-2014 05:44 PM

What changes can and will SOS and the defensive staff make

I really am wondering what changes can be made.
I really would like for someone who is closer to the team or Smarter at football than I am to answer this question

NinjaSven 08-31-2014 05:59 PM

Re: What changes can and will SOS and the defensive staff make

Formation, pursuit, and tackling.

COCKDIESEL 08-31-2014 06:01 PM

Be more efficient on offense to keep these air raid hurry up offenses off the field.

nodnahs 08-31-2014 06:06 PM

A lot of what was exposed this past Thursday is not fixable.. Lack of talent/game changers/play makers..

Kuhn 08-31-2014 06:08 PM

After watching the game film, Ward will be banned from football for life. Several starters on defense will be executed to set an example. Hey, it worked for the Aztecs.

conwaycock2 08-31-2014 06:11 PM

Better recruiting effort from the Head Man all the way down. And keeping the 2015 class intact.

garnet_black215 08-31-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conwaycock2 (Post 4245450)
Better recruiting effort from the Head Man all the way down. And keeping the 2015 class intact.

This is the only answer. Should have recruited better in 2012 and 2013, and possibly 2014.

cockybusiness2 08-31-2014 06:19 PM

All great answers, but can anything be done this season

RphBallCoach 08-31-2014 06:27 PM

1) Wrap up
2) Wrap up
3) Wrap up

COCKYWOOD 08-31-2014 06:28 PM

Better coaching. Being prepared for an opponent. SOS will have a few tips for the defense.

CharlotteGameCock 08-31-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL (Post 4245431)
Be more efficient on offense to keep these air raid hurry up offenses off the field.

This is a big one - completely understated issue from the other night. Defense was not good at all but the offense did them no favors by their inability to put any drives together in the first half.

CoverTwo 08-31-2014 06:53 PM

As crazy as it sounds I would stick with the 3 man fronts. I would play 3 dtackles and stand English up at linebacker.

Something like a 3-3-5:

DL: Lamin, Griffin, Dixon
LB: Moore, Walton, English
DB: Williams, Elder, Lammons, Harris, Diggs

It'll probably never happen but that's what I would like to see.

Latti 08-31-2014 07:09 PM

I agree with the guy who said its on the offense too. The other team can't score if they aren't on the field. Ask Clemson.

Its not completely scheme though. Everyone want to blame the 3-4 but if we make the initial tackle even %80 of the time we get them off the field a few more times.

Take-a-Knee 08-31-2014 07:26 PM

1 .. Perfect o-line and d-line fundamentals under extreme live game practice
2 .. Coaches quit talking and start kicking ass .. You can be friends after work
3 .. Fire some body
4 .. Play hurt .. GET UP it's football .. We have 85 players and medical redshirts to use .. If you can't play hurt , SIT
5 .. If A&M and Baylor ain't on HGH I'll eat my hat .. No body wins every play down to every man like that
6 .. Make all coaches and players pay for every stupid celebration penalty
7 .. Don't coach our players to not hit , bring it every play , starting in practice
8 .. Hire football advisors to observe and critique , sometimes new blood does wonders
9 .. I agree with Coach about having ample down time , but every minute of up time must be productive and urgent .
10 . You want Beast mode ? Get 6 old Crown Vics for the O&D linemen to push 1/8 mile a day each , take turns driving , riding and pushing .. timed and volunteer only ..
11 . Order U/A to make all jerseys made of silk to help counter teams from holding our players
12 . Campus wide aerobic workouts 365 a year , We can afford it , free for all students .. No need to spend valuable time on conditioning at practice 13 . we've come a long way , time to turn another page

Ahmad 08-31-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti (Post 4245500)
I agree with the guy who said its on the offense too. The other team can't score if they aren't on the field. Ask Clemson.

Its not completely scheme though. Everyone want to blame the 3-4 but if we make the initial tackle even %80 of the time we get them off the field a few more times.

I agree. We were there for the stop on a bunch of 3rd downs. The players just didn't make the tackle.

CockyBidget 08-31-2014 07:57 PM

If he has the ball, and is in your sights, don't dance with him.
Tackle him!

If you can't knock the ball away from a receiver, don't give up.
Interfere! Obviously, field position has to be considered...

Run the ball! Run the ball! Run the ball!

yazoo 08-31-2014 07:58 PM

Our scheme is dependent upon getting pressure on the opposing QB. You cannot let the other QB sit back in the pocket for four and five seconds like last Thursday. We need to do something to generate a pass rush. Maybe just rushing against an offensive line that is not extraordinary will help.

Spurz 08-31-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmad (Post 4245509)
I agree. We were there for the stop on a bunch of 3rd downs. The players just didn't make the tackle.

I agree as well, which is why I'm not as gloom and doom as some others here. We certainly had some guys get caught out of position, but there were many, many times when we were right where we needed to be and just couldn't finish. That's correctable.

Goofyboy 08-31-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RphBallCoach (Post 4245464)
1) Wrap up
2) Wrap up
3) Wrap up

They wrapped a lot better than they closed and hit. I think they will work on breaking on the ball, attacking, and hitting. Cushion and containing rather than letting them know we can hit hurt us badly. Too many receivers were allowed to catch, then turn, and often make a move before they were even touched.

henmania 08-31-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4245489)
As crazy as it sounds I would stick with the 3 man fronts. I would play 3 dtackles and stand English up at linebacker.

Something like a 3-3-5:

DL: Lamin, Griffin, Dixon
LB: Moore, Walton, English
DB: Williams, Elder, Lammons, Harris, Diggs

It'll probably never happen but that's what I would like to see.

Where is Golightly in your scheme? Best tackler on the team.