CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gamecocks D staff reveal new strategy/gameplan for rest of season! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209722)

GSC2013 08-31-2014 10:12 PM

Gamecocks D staff reveal new strategy/gameplan for rest of season!

Heard from a close source that the USC defensive coaches revealed an all NEW philosophy and gameplan, way different than the one they used last week vs A&M:

A) Tackle the players holding a football
B) Cover the ones that aren't

Its brilliant. Very different approach than they used last week. Lets hope it work!!!:woo:

militarymind17 08-31-2014 10:13 PM

Re: Gamecocks D staff reveal new strategy/gameplan for rest of season!

SMH..:rotfl:

cocky0 08-31-2014 10:15 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/Its-so-crazy.jpg

Yearofthegamecock 08-31-2014 10:55 PM

I thought you were gonna say show up to the game

JAYBEZ 08-31-2014 11:35 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/Thats-a-bold.jpg

Cockyteg 09-01-2014 12:23 AM

:lol:

CockyLifer 09-01-2014 12:43 AM

1 Word;

Damn.

zcoop 09-01-2014 11:02 AM

:lol: That was a good one!

Coulwoodwarlord 09-01-2014 11:04 AM

Glad we can laugh about it, cause I don't won't to be anywhere near Ward if we get clocked again.

AtlGAMECOCK 09-01-2014 11:08 AM

This is the season that we will find out what we have as a staff.

This new game plan is very cutting-edge I hear

Badazcock 09-01-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4246072)
Glad we can laugh about it, cause I don't won't to be anywhere near Ward if we get clocked again.

Then you should stay away from The WB. ECU will (maybe win) they will (maybe)also keep it close. Which Offense and defense do you send into this game??

fridayserv 09-01-2014 11:32 AM

As a gamecock fan I'm loud in victory and I will be loud and proud in defeat. We have the players. Its is simple we got out coached both defense and offense. For example, after the 1st quarter the 3 down or the 4 down DL had no pressure on the A&M QB. It was not talent it was numbers. A&M kept 5 OL, 1 RB and a running QB. LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn all play 5 and 6 on the DL to get pressure on the QB. On offense we packed it in tight and ran up the middle even though A&M had 8 in the box. We simply got out coached. A&M coach on offense knew where the weakness of out defense was and put the ball out with the quick throws. People are quick to say our tackling was bad. No A&M players like our players are good in space. We had a ten yard cushion on our DB's. Why I don't know but go back to last year against North Carolina and UCF and watch Hampton and Legree play on the line in which caused problems for the quick out to the WR's. No excuse better coaching placing our players in the right position. Now as for ECU and Georgia. Don't let the coaches lose the game

carolina_corpsman 09-01-2014 11:46 AM

I would love to know why our db's were giving those big WR's such a cushion? What happened to jamming them on the line and playing close on them. I think the bigger problem with the D is they didn't want to be physical. All the talk of them being aggressive and ready to level someone was either made up or the person wasn't watching the same Defense we all saw. Hopefully the embarrassment of getting whooped at home on national TV will motivate them because the coaches sure didn't.

2000grad 09-01-2014 11:58 AM

Hey...they just have to simplify the game plan

maddogscockstrong 09-01-2014 03:06 PM

We are young, especially at db. The yonger guys arent usually asked to jam a reciever at the line, due to lack of size and strength. Also, if they do line up on the line and cant throw off the recievers timing they have too much catching up to do. Its not all on the dbs though. The line has got to get some kind of pressure. All that being said.... I think atm is the real deal this year. One of the best o lines, if not the very best o line we face all year. Throw in the oversized, super talented wideouts and they are a force.