CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   MLS almost ready for play-off (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209729)

Kaka 09-01-2014 02:45 AM

MLS almost ready for play-off
 
My bro Luis Silva is carrying his team DC United to the cup, thats good news for the National Team since Luis Silva is wayyy better than players such as Davies, Suzi or Bedoya.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...august-31-2014

I have been also watching the CCC Champions League, MLS teams are doing good. :woo:

Seatle, DC, Kansas, Salt Lake and The Galaxy are looking strong.

COCKYTALKIN 09-01-2014 09:54 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4245961)
My bro Luis Silva is carrying his team DC United to the cup, thats good news for the National Team since Luis Silva is wayyy better than players such as Davies, Suzi or Bedoya.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...august-31-2014

I have been also watching the CCC Champions League, MLS teams are doing good. :woo:

Seatle, DC, Kansas, Salt Lake and The Galaxy are looking strong.

I've enjoyed watching Dallas also. That's a physical bunch. I could see that style taking hold in the US.

I'm glad Jermaine Jones finally found a club.

markp_vip 09-01-2014 11:00 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
I watched most of the DC United game yesterday. Still wish we would have brought Eddie Johnson to the world cup, especially since Altidore went down. Hindsight is 20-20.

COCKYTALKIN 09-01-2014 11:34 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4246069)
I watched most of the DC United game yesterday. Still wish we would have brought Eddie Johnson to the world cup, especially since Altidore went down. Hindsight is 20-20.

He has looked pretty solid lately. He is dangerous when he wants to be, no doubt. Hamid is a beast.

Kaka 09-01-2014 11:59 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
A little off topic but any of you have seen the Hope Solo nude? Its awesome haha

COCKYTALKIN 09-01-2014 04:31 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Can't say that I have and not so sure I want to.

Kaka 09-01-2014 08:27 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Haha oh yeah, Jermaine Jones is home, now we just have to bring Tim Howard back.

Chicharito to Madrid? I think MLS should go after him as well.

COCKYTALKIN 09-02-2014 09:58 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4246470)
Haha oh yeah, Jermaine Jones is home, now we just have to bring Tim Howard back.

Chicharito to Madrid? I think MLS should go after him as well.

Bringing Tim Howard back would be insane. It's time for MLS to loosen the purse strings and allow the owners to actually own the teams. They have done a fantastic job of keeping the league afloat, but now it's time to let them fly. If MLS had just one or two teams that could run the table in MLS and CCC, viewership would skyrocket. That would give the bandwagon fans a wagon to jump on, as well as underdogs for all the other people to cheer for.

Better TV contracts, more money, more home-grown talent.

... and I hope they do it FC Dallas style, in your face. Those guys are large and play with attitude. Watched them take down Salt Lake the other day with 10 men, that was impressive.

Kaka 09-02-2014 01:53 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
For now I think is ok to keep it safe financially but eventually we will move into that direction, bandwagon fans will have to wait a little and enjoy epl.

markp_vip 09-02-2014 02:04 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4247046)
For now I think is ok to keep it safe financially but eventually we will move into that direction, bandwagon fans will have to wait a little and enjoy epl.

I like the way they have been doing it for now. Very important to keep the league on a strong financial footing. Eventually they need to re-align the schedule with the rest of the world. Tough to get generous TV contracts when your playoffs are competing with College and Pro Football games.

COCKYTALKIN 09-02-2014 02:32 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaka (Post 4247046)
For now I think is ok to keep it safe financially but eventually we will move into that direction, bandwagon fans will have to wait a little and enjoy epl.

True that! I tried to find an EPL team to follow but I just can't bring myself to pull for some random squad. I guess that's why one reason I'm proud to be a Gamecock. We might not play the best football, but it's my home team nonetheless.

ccured 09-02-2014 07:17 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN (Post 4247094)
True that! I tried to find an EPL team to follow but I just can't bring myself to pull for some random squad. I guess that's why one reason I'm proud to be a Gamecock. We might not play the best football, but it's my home team nonetheless.

I love watching good soccer but I am in the same boat. I have no tie to any EPL team. I just can't claim one my team but I do watch

Kaka 09-02-2014 07:37 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
I was getting ready to go to the usc-clemson soccer game but is pouring raining outside.

COCKYTALKIN 09-03-2014 09:21 AM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4247360)
I love watching good soccer but I am in the same boat. I have no tie to any EPL team. I just can't claim one my team but I do watch

Hopefully Atlanta will jump in full force. But I do have ties to Dallas, that may end up being my squad. Especially after watching them stick it to RSL a man down the other week.

I wish we would scrap that minor league baseball garbage and grab a MLS feeder. We already have a top tier baseball facility and team to cheer for.

B-G 09-03-2014 12:51 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
I still don't understand why you need a team to watch a sport everyweek.
I enjoy good sports.

I dont have an EPL team but I'll watch the marquee games (Everton-Chelsea one example).

I'm slowly trying with the MLS.

COCKYTALKIN 09-03-2014 01:09 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4248008)
I still don't understand why you need a team to watch a sport everyweek.
I enjoy good sports.

I dont have an EPL team but I'll watch the marquee games (Everton-Chelsea one example).

I'm slowly trying with the MLS.

I assume you enjoy bad sports as well given the fact we are having this discussion as Gamecock fans. We certainly don't have a history of playing well, and reside in a league that is greatly inferior to the NFL.

I've been trying the EPL, I just can't get excited about foreigners (unless we're talking women's volleyball, send Sweden right over). Just me I guess.

B-G 09-03-2014 01:30 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN (Post 4248032)
I assume you enjoy bad sports as well given the fact we are having this discussion as Gamecock fans. We certainly don't have a history of playing well, and reside in a league that is greatly inferior to the NFL.

I've been trying the EPL, I just can't get excited about foreigners (unless we're talking women's volleyball, send Sweden right over). Just me I guess.

Well that's different because I have a rooting interest.

I am a gamecock fan/alum. But If I wasn't and went to a different school without football, I probably wouldn't watch.
And I watch mostly the big games because they are relative to us.

Biocockanics 09-03-2014 01:40 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN (Post 4247785)
Hopefully Atlanta will jump in full force

I hope Blank knows that he needs to make some splashes and announcements this next year. I expect the first major announcements in summer 2015 and a "signing" to be early 2016.

Hopefully he picks a US young star instead of ANOTHER European leftover.

CoverTwo 09-03-2014 02:12 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
I'll be more willing to get MLS a chance when ATL gets going .. I wish Nashville would get a team down the road.

Kaka 09-03-2014 03:26 PM

Re: MLS almost ready for play-off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4248057)
Well that's different because I have a rooting interest.

I am a gamecock fan/alum. But If I wasn't and went to a different school without football, I probably wouldn't watch.
And I watch mostly the big games because they are relative to us.

I ended going to the graveyard last night, we beat clemsux last night in ot, they almost got about 3 fights going, that was awesome.

I may come to more carolina games, they are not that good but they play with heart.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.