CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Over reacting? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209799)

zcoop 09-02-2014 08:35 PM

Over reacting?

Are some folks over reacting after the butt whipping we took last week? Could it be that we ran into a team that just played lights out? I think so.

Sometimes a team runs into a situation like this one where the team youíre playing canít and doesnít do anything wrong. Theyíre just clicking on all cylinders and ainít a damn thing you can do about it. Iím sure those of you whoíve played sports have experienced this Phenom.

I have faith that the coaches can get these kids to have a short memory and get back on the horse. Shit happens sometimes.

bcolinc 09-02-2014 09:10 PM

Re: Over reacting?

Yea. A&M is a lot better than we have them credit for as well. Our guys also didn't play even close to a good game. All that combined, 52-28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamecock88 09-02-2014 09:10 PM

I do think over threading applies to every random thought. Then again, I just did the same.

pick6 09-02-2014 09:17 PM

Could be - however, online ticket prices are dropping like a rock! Somebody's not coming Saturday!

bhs04 09-02-2014 09:23 PM

We beat Georgia like they weren't SHIT a couple of years ago and they won the division.

Just something to think about.

Coulwoodwarlord 09-02-2014 09:30 PM

Pretty sure we just didn't fall off the cliff into Crummyville. The Big guy says we got the players, then I believe him. See you Saturday.

garnet_black215 09-02-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhs04 (Post 4247436)
We beat Georgia like they weren't SHIT a couple of years ago and they won the division.

Much better team in 2012.

And no, people aren't overreacting. The reactions to what we saw Thursday and may see Saturday are and will be warranted.

HeadCockFan 09-02-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pick6 (Post 4247431)
Could be - however, online ticket prices are dropping like a rock! Somebody's not coming Saturday!

I hope we don't get invaded by hopeful ECU fans looking for revenge.

PageUSC 09-02-2014 10:54 PM

All the talking heads and media "experts" are overreacting to week 1.

People think Bama and FSU are fading.

UGA is unstoppable, A&M is amazing.

We are horrible. Clemson is bad.

All overreactions.

Acockolypse Now 09-02-2014 11:13 PM

We overreact to wins and losses.

So, yes.

Regalcock 09-02-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4247526)
All the talking heads and media "experts" are overreacting to week 1.

People think Bama and FSU are fading.

UGA is unstoppable, A&M is amazing.

We are horrible. Clemson is bad.

All overreactions.

Yep, they do the same thing after the first week of nfl games.

ReadR00ster 09-02-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Just something that means absolutely jack about this team.

Latti2001 09-02-2014 11:40 PM

Stuff happens, but that reminded me of the worst years of Carolina football!

gAmkok 09-02-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcoop (Post 4247400)
Are some folks over reacting after the butt whipping we took last week? Could it be that we ran into a team that just played lights out? I think so.

I agree that A&M played lights out and it's noble and proper to give them all the credit for that. But none of the criticism leveled at the Gamecocks, especially the defense, is an overreaction based on the way they failed to compete. Again, it wasn't just one or two players missing assignments or getting beat. It was the entire squad failing to appear like they had a single clue.

Quote:

Sometimes a team runs into a situation like this one where the team youíre playing canít and doesnít do anything wrong. Theyíre just clicking on all cylinders and ainít a damn thing you can do about it. Iím sure those of you whoíve played sports have experienced this Phenom.

That wasn't all a result of A&M playing well. We were an unprepared football team (particularly on defense).

Quote:

I have faith that the coaches can get these kids to have a short memory and get back on the horse. Shit happens sometimes.

I agree with both of the sentiments in this final paragraph. We'll see what happens Saturday, but win or lose, if we play like we did Thursday, this could be a long season.

Gamecocks321 09-02-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Apples and oranges, man. That team could possibly have been our GOAT team. This year's team isn't even in the same ball park as our 2012 team.

CockyLifer 09-03-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4247448)
Much better team in 2012.

And no, people aren't overreacting. The reactions to what we saw Thursday and may see Saturday are and will be warranted.

:bow:

CockyLifer 09-03-2014 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadCockFan (Post 4247451)
I hope we don't get invaded by hopeful ECU fans looking for revenge.

We will they do support their team and they have a chance to get in on the gamecock killing this weekend.

kckdawg 09-03-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 (Post 4247600)
Apples and oranges, man. That team could possibly have been our GOAT team. This year's team isn't even in the same ball park as our 2012 team.

Think some of you are missing the guy's point. He's not comparing the cocks this year to the cocks of 2012. He's saying you guys boatraced UGA and they ended up in Atlanta five yards short of a national title.

You got boatraced, but the season isn't over and it's not unthinkable that you might right the ship.

yazoo 09-03-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4247573)
Just something that means absolutely jack about this team.

Not to mention that every break imaginable went our way in that game.

I also am hoping A&M is an excellent football team. However, it could be that we are not that good as one dude above is saying. I'm inclined to assume the dude is either a troll or is one of those panicky fans that likes to jump to ridiculous conclusions. Fact is that nobody knows yet what will happen. Too early to reach any definitive opinions on just how good or how bad the Gamecocks are in 2014. We will get new information on Saturday.

kckdawg 09-03-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4247750)
Not to mention that every break imaginable went our way in that game.

I also am hoping A&M is an excellent football team. However, it could be that we are not that good as one dude above is saying. I'm inclined to assume the dude is either a troll or is one of those panicky fans that likes to jump to ridiculous conclusions. Fact is that nobody knows yet what will happen. Too early to reach any definitive opinions on just how good or how bad the Gamecocks are in 2014. We will get new information on Saturday.

Yep, I'd say after week one, everyone is in the same boat. The only teams that I think could've laid claim to actually knowing how good they really are, would be Bammer and FSU if they had thumped the two teams they played. Instead they left doubt on the field.