CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   College Football Live (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209813)

Latti2001 09-03-2014 12:03 AM

College Football Live

They were talking about how horrible our defense was tonight. The actual comment was that they had never seen recievers so wide open!

eightohhthree 09-03-2014 12:10 AM

Re: College Football Live

I watched that today. Also said a lot of other stuff about coaching ect. We are still getting plenty of press, just not the positive kind. Hopefully that is a good thing.

Evilchicken3 09-03-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti2001 (Post 4247617)
They were talking about how horrible our defense was tonight. The actual comment was that they had never seen recievers so wide open!

Wanna know something scarier? I've had to listen since Thursday to all the praises being sung of the Texas A&M Aggies all at the expense and embarrassment of SC. Kevin Sumlin sits down with the SEC network to breakdown video of our game and describe play by bloody play how he massacred us. I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network. And now the TAM QB is calling himself some ridiculous nickname, obviously still high on the scalping he performed. And now everyone else is calling this SOPHOMORE, "Kenny Football." Makes me ****ing sick!

Ahmad 09-03-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 (Post 4247625)
Wanna know something scarier? I've had to listen since Thursday to all the praises being sung of the Texas A&M Aggies all at the expense and embarrassment of SC. Kevin Sumlin sits down with the SEC network to breakdown video of our game and describe play by bloody play how he massacred us. I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network. And now the TAM QB is calling himself some ridiculous nickname, obviously still high on the scalping he performed. And now everyone else is calling this SOPHOMORE, "Kenny Football." Makes me ****ing sick!

He loved every second of it.

USC843 09-03-2014 12:45 AM

In a weird way isnt that kind of great though? That means that the entire NATIONAL media had bought in to us being a strong program. Thats pretty great. I know this loss sucks, but you don't get "most dissapointing" without having lofty expectatons.

It would be a truly sad day when we lose badly and the national media ignores it because its expected.

usc4lyf 09-03-2014 12:49 AM

I love it. Nowhere to go but up and we will impress a lot of people.

USC62 09-03-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Glad to know they watched the same game I did.

Gamecocks321 09-03-2014 01:02 AM

Hope the team uses that for motivation.

Latti2001 09-03-2014 01:10 AM

I also saw the clips replayed where the Aggie sideline was laughing at DT 17 when he kept running out if bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing incomplete. What the heck was he thinking? Is he (not) smart, or was he just nervous? That's a pretty basic idea for a 5th year senior, and I hope he can become a better player this week.

Storm Of Spurs 09-03-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 (Post 4247625)
I've had to stomach the gut wrenching discussion of the "worst performance of the week" or "most disappointing" by ESPN, CBS, and SEC Network.

Your remote does have a button to change the channel, right?

If so, you haven't HAD to stomach anything.

uscfan1 09-03-2014 02:16 PM

I don't mind at all every network telling the truth about the defensive showing last Thursday. They need to hear it..also, I expect them to talk about it if we do well going forward.

ktguen 09-03-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

I see no lies.

kingofnerf 09-03-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc4lyf (Post 4247646)
I love it. Nowhere to go but up and we will impress a lot of people.

^ THIS

This game would have been a bad deal if it had happened later in the season because it would have buried us in the rankings too late for us to recover.

We have the one thing on A&M we didn't have before: game film.

Assuming the problems with fundamentals will be corrected, we will be ahead of the other potential playoff teams in defensing this.

We will be on the way up while others are getting clubbed on the head later in the season. Things will balance out by season's end.

LegalCock 09-03-2014 02:50 PM

That's what happens when you get pantsed like that and almost kill the infant SEC network. Got to take the medicine.

Red Devil 09-03-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC843 (Post 4247644)
In a weird way isnt that kind of great though? That means that the entire NATIONAL media had bought in to us being a strong program. Thats pretty great. I know this loss sucks, but you don't get "most dissapointing" without having lofty expectatons.

It would be a truly sad day when we lose badly and the national media ignores it because its expected.

Actually no, I would rather it be disappointing because we have won a couple of NC's and we are disappointing in that we still won but we didn't stomp our opponent into the ground. I would much rather be that kind of disappointing.

GwinnettCock 09-03-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

In all honesty, we deserve every bit of criticism that comes our way. That was the most pathetic showing I have seen since the Papa John's bowl game.

qcgamecock 09-03-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti2001 (Post 4247659)
I also saw the clips replayed where the Aggie sideline was laughing at DT 17 when he kept running out if bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing incomplete. What the heck was he thinking? Is he (not) smart, or was he just nervous? That's a pretty basic idea for a 5th year senior, and I hope he can become a better player this week.

so you kept rewinding and watching that one play you sad individual you!! I watched the 69yd bomb and the 3 other TD's as well as 366yds he threw for without much of a running game and inconsistent protection, but you are a hater so keep hating!

Gamecockman12 09-03-2014 04:33 PM

We deserve every bit of criticism we get. That was a complete and total embarrassment.

Yearofthegamecock 09-03-2014 04:37 PM

The coaches should make the players watch these clips the night before every game.

ReadR00ster 09-03-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegalCock (Post 4248171)
That's what happens when you get pantsed like that and almost kill the infant SEC network. Got to take the medicine.

Pretty much what I was going to say. The media experts are just saying the hard truth of what that game was. I'm not going to say that it is okay we played that bad, but it is what it is. The time turn it around is right now. Hopefully, we have the bugs and kinks worked out and some light bulbs have come on or at least in time for the game.