CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209822)

Kyle76 09-03-2014 12:28 PM

Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense

Pirate fan here. I was as shocked as many of you to see TAMU shred your defense last Thursday night. I think the outcome of our game will hinge on whether or not we put up 30+ points against you because our defense, though better than the one you saw last time we were down there, is also capable of giving up a lot of points (see Marshall game last season). So, how much of Thursday's debacle is due to a) personnel losses; b) bad scheme; c) poor coaching; d) poor effort; or e) just an unexplainable bad performance? I know there were some losses in addition to Clowney. Are the new guys that inexperienced? No offense, but the defense looked pretty lost out there, in addition to poor tackling. Were these issues to result of being totally surprised by a TAMU offense that seemed not to skip a beat without Johnny Football, or are they more fundamental than that?

RaleighPirate 09-03-2014 12:30 PM

Re: Hey, Cocks, tell me about your defense

Fine cast there
http://tacklegrab.com/wp-content/upl...-jerk-bait.jpg

ScottK 09-03-2014 12:33 PM

If you watched the A&M game then you know as much as we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Lahey 09-03-2014 12:35 PM

Ahhhh yes, a rhetorical question thread started by an opposing teams fan.

MisterClowney 09-03-2014 12:35 PM

I'd chalk it up to lack of leadership, lack of understanding what the hell to do, lack of toughness, lack of fundamentals and lack of Clowney.

We lacked a defense Thursday. Hoping they show up Saturday, but I have no idea what will happen.

Red Devil 09-03-2014 12:35 PM

We don't have one yet.

ConwayGamecock 09-03-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle76 (Post 4247985)
Pirate fan here. I was as shocked as many of you to see TAMU shred your defense last Thursday night. I think the outcome of our game will hinge on whether or not we put up 30+ points against you because our defense, though better than the one you saw last time we were down there, is also capable of giving up a lot of points (see Marshall game last season). So, how much of Thursday's debacle is due to a) personnel losses; b) bad scheme; c) poor coaching; d) poor effort; or e) just an unexplainable bad performance? I know there were some losses in addition to Clowney. Are the new guys that inexperienced? No offense, but the defense looked pretty lost out there, in addition to poor tackling. Were these issues to result of being totally surprised by a TAMU offense that seemed not to skip a beat without Johnny Football, or are they more fundamental than that?

We didn't want to expose our defensive game-plan for the ECU game, so we mostly played team managers and male cheerleaders on D against TAMU. We got y'all right where we want y'all!

:wink:

Aggie96 09-03-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

You just need to be glad that you don't have to play us this week. What we did last week was not an anomaly, you will see other big named teams get pushed around by The Aggies, USC will be fine. Remember you are still ECU...

jrussjr 09-03-2014 12:46 PM

I think Lorenzo wanted to see if a new defensive flavor would work, turns out he selected swiss cheese. Fortunately, he still knows how to produce some fine aged gouda! :thumbsup:

yazoo 09-03-2014 12:55 PM

Does ECU have anyone as good as Ricky Seals-Jones?

kingofnerf 09-03-2014 01:00 PM

We will smack ECU just because we can.

cockybreeyan 09-03-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4247990)
Ahhhh yes, a rhetorical question thread started by an opposing teams fan.

no need to be salty to visitors just because you're mad we lost week one.

Kyle76 09-03-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4248011)
Does ECU have anyone as good as Ricky Seals-Jones?

Yes.

southerntramp 09-03-2014 01:05 PM

Hell our own staff is trying to figure it out....WAS in some 3-4 D that they had no business in a week ago....Heard them yap preseason how they were doing well, blah blah blah....Showed up on the field how they didn't know jack.

THis week may be in a 5-5-1 HAHAHAH!

lencho30 09-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle76 (Post 4248025)
Yes.

Really??? Who is this 6'5" 230lb 5 star receiver??

Aggie96 09-03-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle76 (Post 4248025)
Yes.

Come on OP.. Enlighten us on who this unheard of monster is.

Do you also have a Speedy Noil, Malcolm Kennedy, and Kenny Hill? Maybe have a Myles Garrett somewhere hidden on your D too? How about a CB like Armani Watts that will bust a receiver's ass when he comes across the middle?

Look guy, good luck and I hope you don't get embarrassed, but you do realize this is still an SEC team you are facing that had 11 wins each of the last 3 years.

Cockypantherfan 09-03-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

We'll beat you soundly.

Cockypantherfan 09-03-2014 01:31 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out where ECU fans get their bravado from. What could they possibly boast about??

PageUSC 09-03-2014 01:32 PM

A&M is bad ass and 1 of the top 5 offenses in the nation.

We will beat you(ECU) by 3 or 4 TDs

Wkrice91 09-03-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Everyone saw what you guys did to NC Central, and believe me, the nation is scared of ECU.