CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Under Armour Staff Polos (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209832)

KLUCAS 09-03-2014 03:25 PM

Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Instead of responding to the PM's, I figured this would be easier:

Under Armour Staff Polo's arrived yesterday:
http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00627/Product

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00634/Product


There's three different styles of polo's in the Sideline Collection this year from Under Armour, however this is the one Coach Spurrier will be wearing.

Thanks!

#BeatECU

mpilot0705 09-03-2014 03:32 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Thank goodness they came out with something else....that first sideline polo that came out was hideous.

KLUCAS 09-03-2014 03:45 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mpilot0705 (Post 4248223)
Thank goodness they came out with something else....that first sideline polo that came out was hideous.

I like the Staff one, but my favorite is the "Snap Polo," it's by far the most comfortable shirt UA has ever made!

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00612/Product

usc90grad 09-03-2014 03:55 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
$80 for a polo? No thanks

SCohioBoy 09-03-2014 04:05 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
No offense to G&BT, but those polos are so over priced!

Talon1 09-03-2014 04:42 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4248267)
No offense to G&BT, but those polos are so over priced!

Those prices will come down dramatically, after A&M beat down. With the product the coaches put on the field Thursday, I would be tempted to ask for a refund.:thumbs:

KLUCAS 09-03-2014 04:47 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4248267)
No offense to G&BT, but those polos are so over priced!

No offense taken, Under Armour does the price fixing along w/ distribution. As a retailer & consumer we're at their mercy when it comes to price/selection/delivery.

However, if you shop name brands like Under Armour, Nike, Ping, Cutter & Buck, etc. all are comparable IMO.

KLUCAS 09-03-2014 04:53 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
I quickly remembered why I got away from posting on here....I'll continue to send PM's to those w/ questions.....1000x apologies

johnnyb 09-03-2014 05:12 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLUCAS (Post 4248318)
No offense taken, Under Armour does the price fixing along w/ distribution. As a retailer & consumer we're at their mercy when it comes to price/selection/delivery.

However, if you shop name brands like Under Armour, Nike, Ping, Cutter & Buck, etc. all are comparable IMO.

This is true, under armour uses a minimum pricing policy on their "current" offerings, if the retailer is caught advertising below this price they can lose the rights to sell under armour branded stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLUCAS (Post 4248325)
I quickly remembered why I got away from posting on here....I'll continue to send PM's to those w/ questions.....1000x apologies

No apologies needed my man, don't take it personal. Fwiw I think most stuff today is overpriced for the quality you get, it's not like these shirts are hand sewn or anything, it's .50 worth of material, prob less than $1 in equipment use and labor, another .50 worth of storage/distubution and the other $78 is the name. Like you said, it's the same thing with every "premium" brand.

KLUCAS 09-03-2014 05:14 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyb (Post 4248353)
This is true, under armour uses a minimum pricing policy on their "current" offerings, if the retailer is caught advertising below this price they can lose the rights to sell under armour branded stuff.


No apologies needed my man, don't take it personal. Fwiw I think most stuff today is overpriced for the quality you get, it's not like these shirts are hand sewn or anything, it's .50 worth of material, prob less than $1 in equipment use and labor, another .50 worth of storage/distubution and the other $78 is the name. Like you said, it's the same thing with every "premium" brand.


This wasn't for you, I completely agree!

MisterClowney 09-03-2014 05:33 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Wow I wouldn't post over here either if I were you KLUCAS. Do ya'll go and complain to Best Buy for pricing video games too high? As if they have any choice whatsoever.

With that said, the new Staff Polos are sweeeeet. Wish I had known they were gonna come out with it before I got the Sideline Polo!

JerseyBird 09-03-2014 05:44 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Love your stuff - been building up an order and will pull the trigger soon :cocky:

mpilot0705 09-03-2014 06:38 PM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Sorry they ran you off. I've had the last 3 staff polos. For those of you who haven't bought the UA stuff it is well worth the cost in my opinion. I have my sideline polo from 3 years ago that hasn't faded, shrunk, etc. The only downfall with any of that sport type material you have to look out for snags but that's about all that will hurt these shirts. Please don't let a few bad apples that complain about prices run you off. I know you wish you could sell (and buy for that matter) the Ping, UA, etc stuff cheaper but you have to abide by MAP.

Gyle41386 09-04-2014 01:32 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Yeah, those types of polos are expensive everywhere, not just G&BT. I'm still wearing a ClimaCool one I bought when it was on sale at the golf course I was working at...I needed two discounts to get me to pull the trigger :lol:

SCohioBoy 09-04-2014 07:51 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
I worked in retail for a long time, I understand the pricing. I just wonder if pricing like that hurts the stores? comparison, look at the golf industry and Dick's/Golf Galaxy.

Anyway I didn't mean to derail the thread or upset you from posting. Whenever I amin Columbia I go and buy gear the G&BT.

usc90grad 09-04-2014 09:22 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4248267)
No offense to G&BT, but those polos are so over priced!

Everything UA makes is terribly overpriced.

And I wasn't knocking G&B. I shop there all the time.

I had a cousin that worked in Nike corporate who was pretty high up. Their mark up on everything is insane too.

A. Pilgrim 09-04-2014 09:26 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4248372)
Wow I wouldn't post over here either if I were you KLUCAS. Do ya'll go and complain to Best Buy for pricing video games too high? As if they have any choice whatsoever.

With that said, the new Staff Polos are sweeeeet. Wish I had known they were gonna come out with it before I got the Sideline Polo!


I agree, people should not complain to the retailer- but i can understand why they do. its not like anyone can complain directly to Under Armor. No, I don't think sending an email to some corporate feedback inbox feels "the same"

SCohioBoy 09-04-2014 09:39 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4248372)
Wow I wouldn't post over here either if I were you KLUCAS. Do ya'll go and complain to Best Buy for pricing video games too high? As if they have any choice whatsoever.

With that said, the new Staff Polos are sweeeeet. Wish I had known they were gonna come out with it before I got the Sideline Polo!


Again not trying to derail the thread, or attacking/complaining to KLucas at all, but to answer your question, not buying UA products is infact a way of complaining about their prices. Which in my last post said why I have issue with those prices, for the retailer.

Coulwoodwarlord 09-04-2014 10:00 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLUCAS (Post 4248246)
I like the Staff one, but my favorite is the "Snap Polo," it's by far the most comfortable shirt UA has ever made!

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00612/Product

This one is sweet !

JDStud6 09-04-2014 10:27 AM

Re: Under Armour Staff Polos
 
It's not the retailer's fault. Most of these types of these shirts are too expensive. At $50 I'd get one, but no thanks at $80. You can pick up some off brands for half the price and look almost as good.

JD


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.