CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anyone else notice (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209833)

Jim Lahey 09-03-2014 04:26 PM

Anyone else notice

how calm and uninterested the team looked, when they ran out to 2001 on Thursday? I was sitting with my dad and we both noticed they showed no emotion whatsoever, when running out of the tunnel. I know the coaches probly told them to save their energy, since it was so hot, but I just found that very odd. I've been to a lot of Carolina games and have never seen the team run out in that fashion. It was like it set the tone for the game.

southerntramp 09-03-2014 04:37 PM

Re: Anyone else notice

I'm not too big on all the dancing and prancing around during the run out...I mean some of that crap is ridiculous...if they did like Ray Lewis used to do they would be worn out in this heat HA! Run out...get around your team and be excited! But really sprinting out like your hair is on fire, doing dance moves and twerking can be discarded HA!

Yearofthegamecock 09-03-2014 04:40 PM

It's what they did after 2001 that concerns me

18IsTheMan 09-04-2014 12:27 AM

Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. SOS commented a few years back that he didn't like guys jumping all around and going crazy during 2001. Said to save the energy for the field.

jellafever 09-04-2014 12:59 AM

2001 has sort of taken a backseat to the pregame playing of Sandstorm now, which is sad.

Cockyteg 09-04-2014 01:20 AM

:roll:

usc90grad 09-04-2014 09:45 AM

I miss years ago when players used to run all the way down to the student section and get them pumped up. But agree....2001 doesn't seem to fire up the team as much as it used to.

Nureye 09-04-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4248289)
how calm and uninterested the team looked, when they ran out to 2001 on Thursday? I was sitting with my dad and we both noticed they showed no emotion whatsoever, when running out of the tunnel. I know the coaches probly told them to save their energy, since it was so hot, but I just found that very odd. I've been to a lot of Carolina games and have never seen the team run out in that fashion. It was like it set the tone for the game.

When HBC came here he told the players not to get too excited about 2001. We've been running out like that for a decade.

Acting crazy in pregame doesn't score touchdowns in the real game. There is a reason why it's called hype and not reality.

cockysousa 09-04-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4248289)

If we had won, we could've said the same thing. "They kept their composure." "Didn't get too overexcited." "Set the tone for the game."

spareparts 09-04-2014 11:53 AM

Sandstorm is on the clock

It is overplayed, overused, overhyped, and I would be all for something different.

Jim Lahey 09-04-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockysousa (Post 4248864)
If we had won, we could've said the same thing. "They kept their composure." "Didn't get too overexcited." "Set the tone for the game."

Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Jim Lahey 09-04-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4248874)

It is overplayed, overused, overhyped, and I would be all for something different.

I agree. Tired of that dumb techno song

FanofCarolina1 09-04-2014 11:59 AM

Geeze that loss really depressed you guys!

spareparts 09-04-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4248878)
I agree. Tired of that dumb techno song

It's not even techno. It's some stupid crap women listen to when they do pilates.

It's old. Time for something new

Jim Lahey 09-04-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4248888)
It's not even techno. It's some stupid crap women listen to when they do pilates.

It's old. Time for something new

Haha

spareparts 09-04-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 4248893)
Haha

I'm serious. Would you dance to that shit in a club? No.

Therefore it is reserved for thigh-thinners or whatever they do

Jim Lahey 09-04-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4248895)
I'm serious. Would you dance to that shit in a club? No.

Therefore it is reserved for thigh-thinners or whatever they do

Well, I don't dance, but do agree it's time for something new. The whole, women listening to it during Pilates made me lol

Garnet Gamecock 09-04-2014 12:36 PM

Yes, I actually noticed the exact same thing.

Eutaw Kid 09-04-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4248874)

Couldn't agree more. I would much rather see Sandstorm go away than 2001. Maybe limit it to once a half? I also wish no home games would start before 7PM for the first month of the season, no matter what the TV gurus want. It's too HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

HeadCockFan 09-04-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18IsTheMan (Post 4248650)
Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. SOS commented a few years back that he didn't like guys jumping all around and going crazy during 2001. Said to save the energy for the field.

Solution here is obvious.

Let the 25 guys who barely play go nuts and the starters can trot out in the rear.