CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Muschamp Meltdown (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209836)

spareparts 09-03-2014 06:10 PM

Muschamp Meltdown

So Muschamp "sort of" suspended 3 players, even though the game never occurred. Well OK, they played one play.

And when pushed about it, he threw a hissy fit at the media.

Video please???

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rs-suspensions

Quote:

A testy Will Muschamp fired back at critics of his decision to lift the suspensions of three Florida players after a Week 1 game that was suspended by a lightning storm.

Muschamp showed his frustration Wednesday when asked about charges that he went easy on starting defensive tackle Darious Cummings, wide receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackle Jay-nard Bostwick.

"It's not just about suspending players for games," the Gators coach said during his weekly media session on the SEC teleconference. "There's a lot of things that go into discipline. It's about altering and changing behavior, which we've done. I think our discipline speaks for itself and how we've handled our football team, OK? If it was about suspension, you'd never have an issue. Right?

"At the the end of the day, it's more than that. There's a lot of things that go into those situations, a lot more than people know. And it's very frustrating for me as a coach ... to have someone being critical and you don't even have all the information."

Senior linebacker Michael Taylor said his teammates are happy with the decision but still faced internal discipline.

"They're fortunate that they didn't have to miss any time with their guys, any playing experience," Taylor said on Wednesday. "... Champ probably told y'all what happened. I'm pretty sure he wasn't just going to let them off with a slap on the hand or a warning. There's always consequences to be paid for your actions."

Florida ran one play -- the opening kickoff -- against Idaho on Saturday before lightning forced the teams off the field.

Of course they're fortunate dude

Legalman72 09-03-2014 06:28 PM

Re: Muschamp Meltdown

He acted like an arse last year after Georgia Southern when trying to make a reporter feel stupid for not knowing what a mid-line is. I think he's over his head. Unless he has a really good year I think he's toast.

catdaddy66 09-03-2014 07:12 PM

One play suspension is a new league record!

FanofCarolina1 09-03-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

"At the end of the day, I make the decisions in this program, I handle the discipline in this program and it's been handled very well," Muschamp said Wednesday
Wow, I didn't know he was Florida's Athletic Director?!

TonyVercetti 09-03-2014 09:36 PM

What is crazier then that is that there is an actual human being named Jay-nard. Wouldnt be suprised if it was pronounced jay(dash)nard. Smh.

Lalli25 09-03-2014 11:09 PM

What type of example does it set when you basically say, you will only suspend kids when playing crappy teams.

JoeCock 09-03-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4248601)
What type of example does it set when you basically say, you will only suspend kids when playing crappy teams.

What does it say about your program when EASTERN MICHIGAN is the team you are afraid to sit these guys against?

Captain9Dragons 09-03-2014 11:55 PM

seems fair

robgusc76 09-04-2014 12:13 AM

Yall cant be surprised. Muschamp is an idiot. Hes freaking out becasue he knows he's wrong and people are calling him on it. You cant claim you suspended a kid for a game when the game was never played. What a joke of a program right now.

TAFC 5 1981 09-04-2014 12:17 AM

As a FL fan I have concerns about Muschamp. However if he screws up this season, he won't get a raise and 8 year contract.

JustABigOldCock 09-04-2014 12:28 AM

The better question is whose D Coordinator will he be next season? I think some may see where I'm going with this, without going there with this.

Lalli25 09-04-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustABigOldCock (Post 4248652)
The better question is whose D Coordinator will he be next season? I think some may see where I'm going with this, without going there with this.

He is a great DC just an awful HC.

spareparts 09-04-2014 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustABigOldCock (Post 4248652)

Don't go there.

Personally I wouldn't want him. He is too unhinged

2000grad 09-04-2014 08:50 AM

Muschamp has much respect for Spurrier

JustABigOldCock 09-04-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4248680)
Don't go there.

Personally I wouldn't want him. He is too unhinged

I'll take unhinged over that Keyston Cops running into each other Mickey Mouse Bullsh.t we showed 100 million any day of the week.

Unhinged Coach < Pedestrian Pop Warner Coach's

bhusc2002 09-04-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustABigOldCock (Post 4249087)
I'll take unhinged over that Keyston Cops running into each other Mickey Mouse Bullsh.t we showed 100 million any day of the week.

Unhinged Coach < Pedestrian Pop Warner Coach's

You mean something like this?

FlorenceCock 09-04-2014 05:39 PM

Muschamp is the kind of guy I would like to talk some shit to just to see if he would actually do something about it.

donbgamecock 09-04-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4248601)

Why break traditions?

JaxcockFL 09-04-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhusc2002 (Post 4249207)
You mean something like this?

Nicely played.

Acockolypse Now 09-05-2014 12:28 AM

IF IT LOOKS DIRECTLY AT YOU DO NOT MEET ITS GAZE

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_im...hamp_stare.jpg