CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   This'll make you shake your head (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209844)

CoverTwo 09-03-2014 09:10 PM

This'll make you shake your head
 
SIAP

Kudos for GH for posting this.

Gives you a cool look at Spurrier's pass tree.

Great insight by Andre Woodson for you X's and O's junkies


Clowneygotcha 09-03-2014 09:13 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
This just depresses me, is it Saturday yet?

PSKcock 09-03-2014 09:24 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4248510)
SIAP

Kudos for GH for posting this.

Gives you a cool look at Spurrier's pass tree.

Great insight by Andre Woodson for you X's and O's junkies



Thanks for posting this over here! This is a brand new series we're working on that I'm really excited about. Andre's knowledge of the game is nothing short of incredible.

He's going to be focusing on QB play throughout the season, but if anyone ever has ideas/suggestions, feel free to fire away!


The full series playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUkqr9n6FXA2Mvscp9wC3dPa-mt1gJ1s

Clowneygotcha 09-03-2014 09:25 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSKcock (Post 4248519)
Thanks for posting this over here! This is a brand new series we're working on that I'm really excited about. Andre's knowledge of the game is nothing short of incredible.

He's going to be focusing on QB play throughout the season, but if anyone ever has ideas/suggestions, feel free to fire away!


The full series playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUkqr9n6FXA2Mvscp9wC3dPa-mt1gJ1s

Thanks Justin but it is still too soon. After Saturday maybe I will be up for it.

PSKcock 09-03-2014 09:26 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha (Post 4248522)
Thanks Justin but it is still too soon. After Saturday maybe I will be up for it.


Believe me I TOTALLY understand that. Looking forward to Andre breaking down Dylan's play after a victory against UGA in two weeks.

Joe 09-03-2014 09:37 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
That was really interesting to watch. Really neat to watch him go through the progressions. I hope we can block a little better on some of those pass plays to give Dylan some more confidence in the pocket. I have noticed he has a tendency to throw off his back foot or fall away from the throw at times. Never noticed he locked his leg like that. His arm is plenty strong enough though.

Diesel87 09-03-2014 09:38 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Awesome video. Great to have a guy so knowledgeable breakdown the plays like that.

NinjaSven 09-03-2014 09:56 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Some of you all have mentioned it, but we need to make sure DT has time to go through his motions. He keeps hurrying his throws and throwing off of his back feet.

ultimatetailgater 09-03-2014 10:36 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Just goes to show you that Spurrier still has it with the play calling, just need an o-line that can block an a QB who can settle his happy feet.

garnetmike 09-04-2014 09:08 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
First to SDS - GREAT series and I agree Andre is perfect for this role.

Second - we have to hope and pray that our staff is breaking down these same kind of details to go over with Dylan because a fifth year QB should not be locking his leg, nor playing with "happy feet". Dylan has always tended to throw a bit high and those kind of passes turn into INTs.

Yes, the line has to block better, but in this day when 7 on 7 drills are calling a play that doesn't get out of a QBs hands in 3 seconds a "sack" WE SHOULD be able to get throws away.

That is one thing that we all saw with Kenny Hill this past Thursday. He got the ball away quickly and as a result was really rarely pressured by us.

Dylan has happy feet but so did ole Toll Edis when he played and he did alright. But Dylan does tend to throw leaning back a lot and he sometimes just chucks the ball up for grabs as well. Hopefully either he will clean up his play a bit or we can try Connor or someone else.

gamecock88 09-04-2014 09:29 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetmike (Post 4248751)
First to SDS - GREAT series and I agree Andre is perfect for this role.

Second - we have to hope and pray that our staff is breaking down these same kind of details to go over with Dylan because a fifth year QB should not be locking his leg, nor playing with "happy feet". Dylan has always tended to throw a bit high and those kind of passes turn into INTs.

Yes, the line has to block better, but in this day when 7 on 7 drills are calling a play that doesn't get out of a QBs hands in 3 seconds a "sack" WE SHOULD be able to get throws away.

That is one thing that we all saw with Kenny Hill this past Thursday. He got the ball away quickly and as a result was really rarely pressured by us.

Dylan has happy feet but so did ole Toll Edis when he played and he did alright. But Dylan does tend to throw leaning back a lot and he sometimes just chucks the ball up for grabs as well. Hopefully either he will clean up his play a bit or we can try Connor or someone else.


I'm sure the coaches are going over this with him and he's probably reviewing film on his own, realizing his issues. The fundamentals problems have been there all along and likely not to go away in a week. Like trying to change Tebow's throwing motion, it's too ingrained at this point. We've all seen him struggle with intermediate passes since he's been here. This breakdown by SDS is awesome but painful.

CoverTwo 09-04-2014 09:38 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater (Post 4248577)
Just goes to show you that Spurrier still has it with the play calling, just need an o-line that can block an a QB who can settle his happy feet.

I think it's funny how people say his pass routes take too much time to develop.

Obviously from this video they don't. Like I've been saying from the beginning the QBs are not making the right decisions. There were open receivers on all 4 of those plays. It shows you just how good Spurrier is at understanding coverages.

sunbeam 09-04-2014 09:53 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4248764)
I think it's funny how people say his pass routes take too much time to develop.

Obviously from this video they don't. Like I've been saying from the beginning the QBs are not making the right decisions. There were open receivers on all 4 of those plays. It shows you just how good Spurrier is at understanding coverages.

CoverTwo if you don't mind I'd like for you to pick a game this weekend (or Thursday). Any game, really doesn't matter.

Pick a team playing that game. When the team passes, look at the play. Whether it is a completion, or incompletion, and see if there was an open guy on any of the pass plays.

I'll shut up if you tell me that ALL the receivers are covered on most of the incompletions.

But this offense has a problem with that. So how is it that A&M puts in a freshman, and ECU has a never ending stream of qb's, many with as few stars as Dylan, who put up excellent competion numbers.

If it is not the scheme, what is it exactly? And when is this scheme going to work? With the sheer number of qb's who have come through the system surely one should be able to run this thing properly.

And while A&M and ECU are both based on the Air Raid, there are other passing offenses that use pro sets that don't have the problems with the passing game we have, again without Andrew Luck.

So what is it exactly? What is the root of our offensive problems? The line?

Lalli25 09-04-2014 10:14 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4248764)
I think it's funny how people say his pass routes take too much time to develop.

Obviously from this video they don't. Like I've been saying from the beginning the QBs are not making the right decisions. There were open receivers on all 4 of those plays. It shows you just how good Spurrier is at understanding coverages.

It also shows you why we don't need a new OC. It was very interesting to see how they went through the progressions.

TonyVercetti 09-04-2014 10:29 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
If the average fan could get that type of breakdown when Shaw was here they would understand why many were so frustrated with his play.

Only difference is instead of taking a chance throwing the ball hed take off for bout five yards.

JDStud6 09-04-2014 10:47 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
It makes me realize how much pressure DT is under when he's out there. Connor made it look easy, but gosh that's a lot going on in just a few secs!

I know there's times I play NCAA on the PS3 and as soon as I hit X I'll see that Y was actually wide open. It's not easy lol

JD

crowcutta 09-04-2014 11:14 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
the deep ball to shaq there seemed to be an open receiver on the right side of the formation on that play as well. now shaq probably had a better chance of winning that 50/50 ball, but we ended up bypassing an easier throw and likely first down in both instances.

Roosterboy 09-04-2014 11:27 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
As others have said, proves Spurrier still has it and knows how to destroy defenses.

Also, shows We are getting what we thought Dylan would be...inconsistent. At times he looked great, made the right read and the offense worked smoothly...at other times, made the wrong read, used poor mechanics and the offense sputtered.

As we said before the season, Dylan had to improve his consistency, and in the first game, he did not. He had some good, some bad.

The telling sign will be this week...does Dylan make improvements and limit is bad reads (they are going to happen) and increase his good reads.

RoyalAir 09-04-2014 11:34 AM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Fantastic video, and I hope SDS keeps pumping these out.

What it shows, to me, was just how nervous Dylan was when the game started. Making a poor read on the third down when he went to Shaq, locking his leg and anticipating contact when it wasn't coming, etc. He settled down a bit, and was able to recognize things a little bit quicker. Still, while I know that Dylan locked his leg on the second-down play to Cooper on the first series, Cooper has to make that catch. These receivers need to help out their QB a little more when he shows nerves like that.

appcenter52 09-04-2014 12:42 PM

Re: This'll make you shake your head
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbeam (Post 4248772)
CoverTwo if you don't mind I'd like for you to pick a game this weekend (or Thursday). Any game, really doesn't matter.

Pick a team playing that game. When the team passes, look at the play. Whether it is a completion, or incompletion, and see if there was an open guy on any of the pass plays.

I'll shut up if you tell me that ALL the receivers are covered on most of the incompletions.

But this offense has a problem with that. So how is it that A&M puts in a freshman, and ECU has a never ending stream of qb's, many with as few stars as Dylan, who put up excellent competion numbers.

If it is not the scheme, what is it exactly? And when is this scheme going to work? With the sheer number of qb's who have come through the system surely one should be able to run this thing properly.

And while A&M and ECU are both based on the Air Raid, there are other passing offenses that use pro sets that don't have the problems with the passing game we have, again without Andrew Luck.

So what is it exactly? What is the root of our offensive problems? The line?

I know its blasphemy to say this among the fans, but there is a man in charge on the offensive side of the ball, specifically qb's known as an "offensive genius." My question for all of you is to name ONE season where we all talked about the offense being the strength of the team. I mean how many times over the years have left left the stadium saying, "Man! The offense sure won us that one!" I'm not saying there are zero, but they are few and far between over the years to have a so called "offensive genius" as the head coach. Flame away...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.