CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Calm Down (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209863)

cockysousa 09-04-2014 12:17 PM

Calm Down

Can Saturday just get here? "Our coaches are terrible." "We have no talent on D." UGH . . . Losing game 1 hurts. Losing at home after such a long winning streak hurts. Starting 0-1 in the SEC hurts. Getting beat by 24 points hurts. Sometimes it happens. Can we stop jumping off a cliff please? If we barely scrape by ECU (or lose), I'll jump with you, but one game does not define the season or the team. Much like that one time you walked in the locker room and saw another dude naked does not make you a homosexual.

Garnet Gamecock 09-04-2014 12:35 PM

Re: Calm Down

We haven't lost ANY games in the SEC East, so I am at peace.

I trust the visor.

By the way, everyone should watch "The Believer" and see what the HBC did to Florida State a year after they humiliated Florida.

The HBC knows how to deliver a payback.

A&M can gloat for now, but the future will be a different story. Just ask Bobby Bowden.

CockTail 09-04-2014 12:47 PM

I agree we need to move on, the trouble is that we are headed to face another team that could give us the same kind of trouble that AM did.

ECU is a very good team on offense and unless we really get a lot better on D in a week, we may be in the same position as last week. I hope ECU has our attention.

We were NOT prepared for A&M, sure hope we are for ECU.

cocky0 09-04-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockysousa (Post 4248903)
Much like that one time you walked in the locker room and saw another dude naked does not make you a homosexual.

But dude, you stared at it for a solid 2 minutes.

Yearofthegamecock 09-04-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Much like that one time you walked in the locker room and saw another dude naked does not make you a homosexual.

You remember that

Kyle76 09-04-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky0 (Post 4248959)
But dude, you stared at it for a solid 2 minutes.

And you got a boner.

Gamecockman12 09-04-2014 02:44 PM

I was pretty bummed out after the game last Thursday as I'm sure everyone was... but it was just 1 game, plenty of football left to play just gotta take it week by week.

bhs04 09-04-2014 03:05 PM

Remember that team that lost to Carolina 35-7 a couple of years ago and looked like hot dog $h!t?

They won the SEC east that year. Just sayin.

uscgmck 09-04-2014 03:16 PM

Wait, wait, who saw a naked homosexual with a boner at the game Saturday?

cocky0 09-04-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgmck (Post 4249103)
Wait, wait, who saw a naked homosexual with a boner at the game Saturday?

It was in Section 506, so it's all good.

USCfootball 09-04-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4248923)
We haven't lost ANY games in the SEC East, so I am at peace.

I trust the visor.

By the way, everyone should watch "The Believer" and see what the HBC did to Florida State a year after they humiliated Florida.

The HBC knows how to deliver a payback.

A&M can gloat for now, but the future will be a different story. Just ask Bobby Bowden.

Rainbows and butterflies my friend....aTm own's us in recruiting. They are going to be a BEAST in the next few years. I honestly see Sumlin winning a national championship there, even though I hate everything about them and Texas.

ucan'tlickourcocks 09-04-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCfootball (Post 4249296)
Rainbows and butterflies my friend....aTm own's us in recruiting.

You do realize most recruiting services are ranking next years class in the top 5! So how can they be "owning us?"

GregoryHouse 09-04-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Can Saturday just get here? "Our coaches are terrible." "We have no talent on D." UGH . . . Losing game 1 hurts. Losing at home after such a long winning streak hurts. Starting 0-1 in the SEC hurts. Getting beat by 24 points hurts. Sometimes it happens. Can we stop jumping off a cliff please? If we barely scrape by ECU (or lose), I'll jump with you, but one game does not define the season or the team. Much like that one time you walked in the locker room and saw another dude naked does not make you a homosexual.

Why do I get the feeling that you created this whole thread as a ruse to make yourself feel less self-conscious about that one (yeah) time you walked in the locker room and saw another dude naked?

MixtapeMangler 09-04-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks (Post 4249319)
You do realize most recruiting services are ranking next years class in the top 5! So how can they be "owning us?"

In the past 2 Years they have, I think that's what he may be talking about

ReadR00ster 09-04-2014 10:39 PM

One game doesn't define a season, but not being able to stop the simplest plays to extent that we did is very fortelling of a terrible season. That was 63-17 bad. That's how far the the step back this team has taken. This team is showing up at a 2003 level right now. That's the kind of year we can expect based on that first game.

ds401 09-04-2014 11:00 PM

I have my hotel room :football:reserved in Atlanta for the SEC game. YES. I made the reservations in August.

cockysousa 09-05-2014 10:08 AM

Ok, so some of you are so insecure that you're hung up on the analogy.

My point is: Calm the hell down. It was one game. Yes, if we keep playing that way, we will win 2, maybe 3 games. But last year, if we played every game like we played against Tennessee, we would not have won very many either.

It SEEMS so foreboding because we played a good team week 1. In 2012, we played Vandy in week 1 and won 17-13. If we had played the rest of the season that way, we would not have won 11 games. In 2010, we got beat by Auburn, beat by KENTUCKY, and hammered by Arkansas. And we won the east.

(Not to mention we've beat the "upstate school" by at least 10 points every year since 2009.)

We'll be ok. If we lose to ECU, it's still not the end of the world, but then I think you could probably be pretty pessimistic about the rest of the season . . . and be right.

Jim Lahey 09-05-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4249404)
One game doesn't define a season, but not being able to stop the simplest plays to extent that we did is very fortelling of a terrible season. That was 63-17 bad. That's how far the the step back this team has taken. This team is showing up at a 2003 level right now. That's the kind of year we can expect based on that first game.

I agree. Thank god for xanax