CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   To any players reading the board (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=209890)

Acockolypse Now 09-05-2014 12:15 AM

To any players reading the board

Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.

SC Sandlapper 09-05-2014 12:20 AM

Re: To any players reading the board

I think our team will be out to prove something Saturday, in a big way.

18IsTheMan 09-05-2014 12:21 AM

I really don't think players and coaches waste their time with this kind of stuff.

SC Sandlapper 09-05-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4249469)
At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

There should be Cockytalk hats.

sc455 09-05-2014 12:24 AM

:thumbs:

The Yancey 09-05-2014 12:25 AM

Let me add that many of the negative nellies positing this past week are simply trolls, many of the uringe variety.

rdwylie 09-05-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper (Post 4249474)

:clap:

Evilchicken3 09-05-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4249477)
Let me add that many of the negative nellies positing this past week are simply trolls, many of the uringe variety.

Speaking of unhinged...

Acockolypse Now 09-05-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4249476)
:thumbs:

What, exactly, do you disagree with?

OldPat 09-05-2014 01:19 AM

The troll infestation began months ago. Finally got out of hand this past week. Time to call Terminex IMO.

ReadR00ster 09-05-2014 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4249469)
Look, I know some of you guys read this board. Based on that, you must think we're the most unhinged fanbase in all of sports.

Usually this board is home to some pretty level-headed fans, but after last week's loss to ATM it's become pretty much unglued. That's largely due to 1) unrealistic expectations, and 2) sub-par play on your part.

So I could certainly understand if you start reading some of the stuff on here and get a little upset. Even though there are board rules against it, there's been a fair amount of bashing going on and truth be told I vented a bit myself.

The thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this board is pretty much an outlet for many of us, so it's to be expected that you're going to see a mental dump or two every now and then. Also, this board represents probably about 2% of the Gamecock fanbase. At games when I ask someone if they post on CockyTalk I usually get a "huh?"

So there's that.

Regardless of what's been said, please understand we're all still behind you, we know you're working hard to get stuff fixed, and we'll all be out cheering loudly come Saturday.

Now go beat the hell out of ECU.

I don't think it's unrealistic to think the #9 team in the nation could stop a bubble screen once in 11 tries. But that's just me. As far as what been said on here, does it really matter? That last performance spoke for itself. You aren't going to have any bandwagon playing games like that. Just the reality of it. People posting on here are upset about the game and they aren't going to blow smoke up the player's rear ends. They aren't all koolaid drinkers who have unconditional faith all the time. They are smarter that than. They just want to see the team play well and win.

OldPat 09-05-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken3 (Post 4249488)
Speaking of unhinged...

LOL. Speak of the.....

ReadR00ster 09-05-2014 01:29 AM

This is the thing. We sucked last week. There is no denying it. We are crappy team last week. Everyone saw that, and there is no reason to get on anyone's case for recognizing that disappointing reality.

BUT it doesn't have to be the case this week. This week is a new game, and like Lou would always say, you have a different team week to week. Hopefully this week's team is tremendously better.

Cockyteg 09-05-2014 01:54 AM

so after 3 11 win seasons, the desire to win more is unrealistic?

NAGamecockFan 09-05-2014 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4249496)
I don't think it's unrealistic to think the #9 team in the nation could stop a bubble screen once in 11 tries. But that's just me. As far as what been said on here, does it really matter? That last performance spoke for itself. You aren't going to have any bandwagon playing games like that. Just the reality of it. People posting on here are upset about the game and they aren't going to blow smoke up the player's rear ends. They aren't all koolaid drinkers who have unconditional faith all the time. They are smarter that than. They just want to see the team play well and win.

Well said

NAGamecockFan 09-05-2014 04:46 AM

But the impression I get of Cocky Talk is that if you're not a sunshine pumper you're a troll.

COCKDIESEL 09-05-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan (Post 4249529)
But the impression I get of Cocky Talk is that if you're not a sunshine pumper you're a troll.

There are some that would want you to believe that.

uscGRAD04 09-05-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper (Post 4249474)

Wait...you guys didn't get one. I got one when I signed up. I also got an official Cockytalk football phone when I hit 1,000 posts.

2000grad 09-05-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAGamecockFan (Post 4249529)

That couldn't be further from the truth

Pw00132 09-05-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4249496)

Do you know who else has unconditional faith for their team? Chicago Cubs fans. Still support them for all these years and no championship to their name. Let's not be like them. Got to show tough love for your program