View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Move Shaw to WR for senior season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock History View Post
I think Shaw probably has a pretty good understanding of the playbook and where he would need to line up at any receiver spot on the field. He is a film room junkie and super high football IQ. If Bruce can play 2 sports and figure it out I think Shaw wouldn't have any problem. I think he is the 2nd best athlete on the field behind Clowney.

You don't think he would start at any of the 3 spots??? Who in the world is our 3rd WR after Bruce and Ace? And I think he would probably be the best of the 3 by mid-season in my opinion.
Its not just understanding the playbook. Its understanding route running concepts and coverages, its knowing what spot to be on the field. Receiver in Coach Spurrier's offense isn't something you just hit the ground and run. It takes time, A LOT of time to get to a point where you play without thinking about where to go.

And HELL NO he wouldn't start at any of the 3 spots. Ace and Bruce have the starting X and Z spots locked down and Nick Jones will be the starting B with Kwinton Smith likely to get into a timeshare there. Shaw wouldn't play the B, he would likely be a Z and we have a logjam there.

If Connor Shaw is the 3rd best receiver on our team (which he is not), we have major issues.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote