View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Move Shaw to WR for senior season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock History View Post
I think Shaw probably has a pretty good understanding of the playbook and where he would need to line up at any receiver spot on the field. He is a film room junkie and super high football IQ. If Bruce can play 2 sports and figure it out I think Shaw wouldn't have any problem. I think he is the 2nd best athlete on the field behind Clowney.

You don't think he would start at any of the 3 spots??? Who in the world is our 3rd WR after Bruce and Ace? And I think he would probably be the best of the 3 by mid-season in my opinion.
Who would be the #2 QB behind Thompson if you move Shaw to WR ?
A Redshirt Freshman with NO game experiance, or a True and Untested
Freshman ? ... Before you answer that, remember all the noise that
came out of workouts about how Great Tanner McEvoy was doing.

You want to put our starting QB with a 17-3 record as a starter at WR
(a position he hasn't played since his Jr Year in High School), lose
valuable reps and study time as a QB, then back up Thompson with two
untested Freshmen ?

Sorry ..... We are in the best position at QB in my lifetime as a Gamecock
fan (and that's a long time). Destroying that by moving Shaw to WR
is NOT (repeat) NOT a wise move.