01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Grumpy Old Fart
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunshinny Florida
Re: Move Shaw to WR for senior season
Originally Posted by Gamecock History
Here are the reasons why:
1. Improve his NFL draft potential. He does not have the size or arm strength (velocity, not distance) to be an NFL QB.
2. He played WR his entire life up until his JR? year of high school.
3. We have a lack of WR production outside of Ace and Bruce.
4. Very similar to McKinnley: former high school QB, tough as nails, high football IQ, shifty, quick but not a burner
5. He will probably miss spring practice.
6. It would put more play makers on the field at one time: Thompson, Shaw, Sanders, and Ellington
7. He would still be available to slide over to QB and run the zone read play 4 or 5 times a game like he has been doing.
One suggestion: PUT DOWN THE BATH SALTS!
Order Of The Spur
I miss Old Cocky Talk