1. North Carolina — All the Tar Heels are doing is winning, and winning in a dominant fashion. Their win over Rice on Friday sent the Owls into a weekend tailspin.
2. Vanderbilt — The Commodores are playing solid on both sides of the ball. The staff ERA is just more than 2.00, and the offense is hitting .327.
3. LSU — It wasn’t easy, but the Tigers improved to 10-1 with a perfect week. Should be smooth sailing until the Mississippi State series in two weeks.
4. Oregon State — The Beavers stayed undefeated and continue to get some of the best starting pitching in the country.
5. South Carolina — Clemson doesn’t have the team they have had lately, but it’s never easy to win the rivalry series. The Gamecocks passed their first test.
6. Oregon — The Ducks slipped up a bit, losing two-of-three in Fullerton, but there’s a golden opportunity to get back on track this weekend against Vanderbilt.
7. Mississippi State — The Bulldogs were really good offensively last season, and if the early season results are any indication, they have the pitching to go with it this year.
8. UCLA — The Bruins had a pretty easy week, but rougher waters are ahead with Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Southern Cal on deck this weekend.