Re: 5 Reasons to be Nervous for the Game
My 5 Reasons To Be Nervous:
1. I pregame hard with multiple cocktails at our tailgate, and take a wrong turn going through the West gates...winding up in the USC locker room in helmet & pads with some dude's #14 jersey that has "Shaw" patched on the back.
2. Connor Shaw is mistaken for a Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney country music singer by security, and is ushered into wardrobe/makeup to prepare for his singing of the National Anthem. Shaw, being the ultimate team player...delivers a stirring rendition of the song, and is immediately signs a country record deal.
3. After my pregame warm-ups which I throw while sipping bourbon out of a Gatorade bottle, I tell SOS I feel super relaxed.
4. SOS calls a 'GO' route to Damiere Byrd on the 1st play from scrimmage. I immediately audible to the 'State Of Liberty' play...which goes 70 yards for a TD.
5. After striking the Heisman pose at mid-field...I make my way to the UNC bench to relieve myself on Larry Fedora's playsheet...then disappear into the the USC student section in hopes to re-stock more mini bottles in my Under Armour socks...Shaw's jersey is immediately retired in honor at the next home game.
***Disclaimer - We're already tailgating pretty hard at the Fairgrounds...uh-oh, getting nervous...nahhh...Tarholes are going to be choking on their wine and cheese in a few hours***