I got back from Athens around noon today. Here is my official debriefing from what I observed from Section 106 row 4 (45 yard line visitor side). Keep in mind I was pretty hammered and only had about 5 hours sleep from the Athens bender the night before:
- We need to spend some money on WB. Samford stadium has better everything and has way more architectural features. We have a long way to go with facilities. I know we have made improvements but trust me when I say more needs to be done to compete with the elite teams of the SEC.
- The UGA crowd was veryloud and stayed that way from finish to start. Their passion and intensity was impressive.
- USC did not match the Bulldogs intensity at all.
- There is no clear player leader(s) (at least during the game on the sidelines).
- We are out of shape! To keep from naming players lets just say it was pathetic on the defensive side of the ball somewhere in the proximity of the line of scrimmage. It started early and got worse as the game rolled on. We should all be concern because it started so early!
- No. 7's supporting cast members are having an extremely disappointing season so far.
- USC's offense is pretty good and well balanced. Overall I was very happy with their performance.
- D. Williams and B. Wilds are absolute physical specimens. I am excited about their upside.
- M. Davis is fast. I had some great views of his runs. We are so lucky to have him.
- I love N. Jones' attitude.
- The HBC kept his composure (not sure this is a good thing in this type of game) and keeps to himself. I was not surprised when he said he did not witness the coach fight.
Anyway that is my worthless two cents. Looks like it is going to be a season of circling the wagons and trying to get better instead of competing for the next step. I hope I am wrong. Go Cocks.