Originally Posted by ktguen
Will begin this Saturday for the Kentucky game.
Areas that were looked at: concessions, shuttling and rewards.
- bottled water will be discounted to $1 at the start of the 4th quarter for the 2 concession stands in the north endzone (student section)
- Students can purchase concessions with their Carolina Cash at games. Previously only 2 Carolina Card readers were located at each stand. This will be upped to six per stand to make purchasing quicker and easier.
- After the Alma Mater is played, students will be given a ticket on their way out of the stadium. This ticket will be transferred into loyalty points when scanned on Greene St in front of Russell the Monday and Tuesday after a home game from 10-4. Once scanned they will be applied towards the next games ticket request.
- Non-student shuttle riders will still be given wristbands, but they will no longer be required to be put on by event staff, therefore speeding up the shuttling process to Williams Brice.
- The hashtag #StayCocky will be used throughout the week heading up to the game. Students can tweet in using the hashtag or tagging student government at @UofSCSG, saying why they will stay until the end of the games.
The rest of the article can be found here:
I'm so conflicted by this. The students who go already get "free" tickets (placed in quotes to satisfy SOME people), and now they will also get discounts and other incentives to stay? What happened to getting to come to the games being an incentive, because there are lots of students who would love to be able to go who don't get to, so they miss out on the game and additional loyalty points now? But at the same time, I do want these people to stay, because I want our school's student section to be the exception and not the norm.