Re: Nervous, even though I knew the outcome
Imo, this IS the best win I can think of for so many reasons. It's not always about playing your best and looking impressive.
1. We are on the road
2. against the #5 team
3. that is on a roll
4. in the cold weather
5. after we just had a disappointing loss
6. with a banged up starting QB
7. in a must win game
8. played poorly for most of the game but keep playing hard and never folded
9. made several clutch plays in at the end.
10. won in overtime, which never happens.
This is exactly the kind of game this program has needed for a long time. It is going to pay dividends I think down the stretch. We broke out of our funk and I think we have our confidence back now. The players seem energized and excited again and I think they will believe in themselves more than ever now and they will finish games better. I see the team morale being very high from here on out. And the fans are going to be back and excited about this team again. I think we turned a huge corner this game.