View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
From what I understand...

If auburn wins the SEC- Capital One
If Missouri wins the SEC- Chick Fil A
Exactly: and I'm beginning to think that some of the people that write for TBS think we're out of the picture with the Capital One Bowl.

Here is why:

Missouri/Auburn - BCS
Alabama - BCS
Missouri/Auburn/South Carolina - Capital One Bowl

*The reason I say this is because in an article written by TBS it says we're either Chick-Fil-A or Capital One bowl. But the same article says that Missouri is BCS or Capital One Bowl. Well even if Missouri wins the SEC, the Capital One Bowl would be stupid to not take Auburn.

LSU/Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl
LSU/Texas A&M/Missouri - Outback Bowl
South Carolina/Missouri - Chick-Fil-A Bowl

*Why? Well the BCS options are obvious. The Capital One Bowl generally includes ranking into a heavy factoring when pickings it's teams. Now that Auburn and Missouri are 3/5 respectively, however, a loss in the SEC wouldn't hurt them that bad. Even if Missouri loses they could still possibly go to Capital One bowl despite us being ranked higher - however, it's our best bet to go to the Capital One Bowl. The Outback bowl, and Gamecock fans are tired of each other probably, and the Cotton Bowl will still pick a West team probably. These factors could put us back in Atlanta.