View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #16
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Spurrier... Does he get to 100 wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
Most SEC Wins

1. The Bear 159 (22 at KY and 137 at Bama)
2. The HBC 127 (Still active and counting 87 at UF and 40 at SC)

Saban is out there lurking with wins at Mich State, LSU and Bama and plenty of SEC wins at LSU and Bama and still active and counting.

That's some serious rarefied air being in those lists.

I still think the three best are The Bear, Gen Neyland and Spurrier and, for now, in that order. It could change. Saban is sure to make his mark even more before all is said and done.

Can Spurrier win 33 more SEC games before he retires? If he could average 5.5 a year for 6 years = 33 ... I dunno. He's signed through 2017. I think if he thinks he can make it when 2017 rolls around he might make a go for it - I dunno.

Can Saban pass both The Bear and The HBC before all is said and done?

And why does Saban not have a catchy nickname yet?

I think he's gonna get the record, I'm pulling for him.
I personally think Spurrier will stick around until he passes Bear for most wins in the SEC. I also think Spurrier believes he can win a national championship at USC.