View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit
Default Re: Something I realized

1. We are not perennially "on the doorstep." We've been on the doorstep for 2 or 3 years. The best and most consistent teams are in THAT position a hell of a lot more than they are winning championships. I'll use LSU as an example. Consistently a very good team, has won a championship recently but has been "on the doorstep" many more years than not. Or you could look at the other 10-15 teams that have had very good teams and not managed to win everything.

2. We've been putting ourselves in position to do great things. Championship runs require a lot of luck, no matter who you are. As long as we're looking at LSU, think about 2007 - they lost to Arky AND freakin Kentucky, and almost all of their games were very close...but it just worked out for them.

Things could have worked out for us and didn't, and some fans are going to whine about that. I think Alabama's success has spoiled every other fanbase into expecting a championship every year. lol.

Just remember that without players that are guaranteed 3 and out type players, there's no way we'll ever win on the big stage. Cam, Trent, Mark Ingram, Julio, Manziel etc types are going to be your backbone and very rarely will you have someone that will stay 4 years (waiting for "but tebow!").
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote