View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Something I realized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
This is just a realization that has come to mind and how we are always "so close," but never get over the hump... Thoughts?
You have a different perspective.
The hump for years was a winning season. Getting to a bowl was icing on the cake. Up until 2010, our best team went 8-4 (1987), our best record ever was 10-2 (1984) and we had a good team that went 9-3 in '01. Those 3 were the only teams I can remember that finished in the Top 25.

Now we've jumped from having bowl eligible teams finishing outside the Top 25, to double-digit-win teams finishing in the Top 10.

So either the "hump" has moved, or there's multiple "humps".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I used to hate it. But after seeing what happened to Lattimore and no Andy Murray. I can't fault anyone for leaving early if they have the chance.
Totally agree and I still hate it.

While I applaud any of these guys wanting to go make some $$, it will never sit right with me the way all of this goes down. CFB, and especially the SEC is now the minor leagues for the NFL. And the entire sports media has over-hyped this whole thing to where guys leaving early is portrayed as some kind of honor or status milestone to be desired.

Wish somehow the NCAA and CFB could dam some of this up and keep the NFL from picking their pockets.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote