View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit
Default Re: Something I realized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
You have a different perspective.
The hump for years was a winning season. Getting to a bowl was icing on the cake. Up until 2010, our best team went 8-4 (1987), our best record ever was 10-2 (1984) and we had a good team that went 9-3 in '01. Those 3 were the only teams I can remember that finished in the Top 25.

Now we've jumped from having bowl eligible teams finishing outside the Top 25, to double-digit-win teams finishing in the Top 10.

So either the "hump" has moved, or there's multiple "humps".
Totally agree and I still hate it.

While I applaud any of these guys wanting to go make some $$, it will never sit right with me the way all of this goes down. CFB, and especially the SEC is now the minor leagues for the NFL. And the entire sports media has over-hyped this whole thing to where guys leaving early is portrayed as some kind of honor or status milestone to be desired.

Wish somehow the NCAA and CFB could dam some of this up and keep the NFL from picking their pockets.

I agree that we are now facing a "new" hump having now cleared the 7-8 win hump. I can't fault a player for leaving early now. The NFL career is so short for most of these kids. Often time staying one more year in college means playing one less year in the NFL due to wear and tear on the body. That's a lot of money being left on the table. If the NCAA can figure out a way to get some of the billions being made on college football to the players, you might see some stick around. But being familiar with player's personal financial situations like a Vic Hampton, I can't fault him for leaving. And I do think it is wrong that billions are being made on college football and nothing goes to the players.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote