View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Something I realized

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
If the NCAA can figure out a way to get some of the billions being made on college football to the players, you might see some stick around. But being familiar with player's personal financial situations like a Vic Hampton, I can't fault him for leaving. And I do think it is wrong that billions are being made on college football and nothing goes to the players.
Yes it is. Things have changed. I remember the days when CFB was a casual afternoon event...with a few exceptions. Then it got big....real big. And I also remember a time when very few if any 3rd yr players left early. They all played for 4 yrs.

We have to embrace change....especially if there's money being waved around. CFB is a business....big business. Time to get serious about revising how these guys are compensated.

And you are absolutely right about the life span of an NFL guy...gotta make the money while you can.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote