View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material
Default Re: College Athletes

I like the layout but let me offer some tips. Some of it seems to be too far grounded in personal beliefs and opinions and not fact. While I am sure there is a high number of student athletes who dont come from high income homes, you need to be able to provide facts and I dont mean from wikipedia.

You also need to acknowledge the other side of things. You need to address why others feel they shouldnt be paid. Use that as your basis for your paper. You need to be able to acknowledge, address and refute with evidence otherwise it is just an unfounded personal belief paper.

Also, I personally do not think athletes should get paid. I feel this way for many many reasons, the largest being the cost of college, especially private colleges, books, food, dorms, etc. That means no loans. This is even heightened by the fact that as you say, many people come from poor homes= pell grants, more FA, etc. Do I think these athletes get shafted based on how much money they bring in, yeah, they probably do a bit. However, life isnt fair and the rest of us had to pay our college and take out loans, etc.