View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #11
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: College Athletes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy345 View Post
Title IX won't let it happen unless the University wants to start giving the same benefits to all student athletes.

Most people aren't looking far enough down the road about this.

Start paying Football players and it's only a matter of time until a suit is brought by a Female Athlete who wants a piece of the pie.
And to be fair it is a valid argument. Other sports put in as much work as football players, they represent the school in the same way, they deserve equal share. That said school cost like 15k a year, just off tuition they are making 60k for 4 years, plus reaping the benefits of getting a degree, which is helpful after football, and for those that don't stay 4 years they are getting credits towards a degree that don't go away. You can't put a number on the value of the education they get. They get room and board, books etc all stuff I'd sign my life away to get if I was gifted enough to be an athlete. Plus you can't put a price on walking out at WB to all the crazy bottle throwing fans cheering you on.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote