View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 season bowl picture (no BCS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The biggest benefit I see next year is the fact that the SEC will no longer be limited to 2 teams in the BCS/playoff bowls.
That would be great if the playoffs were determined by a hard formula, like the current BCS system, but the playoff participants will be selected by a committee. There is absolutely no way a committee composed of Clemson's AD, West Virginia's AD, Condoleeza Rice, etc. will pick 3 SEC teams for a 4 team playoffs. It's not going to be about selecting the 4 best teams; it's going to be about politics and "fairness".

Now, I guess the SEC is not limited in terms of bowls. Honestly, I'm completely confused about how the bowls will work once the playoff starts.