View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dont Shoot the messenger!!

I follow that guy on Twitter, and trust me when I say he does not know much about college football. He doesn't do enough research and is often corrected by other Falcons beat writers in his assumptions on certain draft prospects. Just recently his article was quoted in a conversation amongst some Falcons fans, and one of the writers from Charleston, SC was quick to point out that Clowney's teammates and coaches both love and respect him, and that he is playing through injuries - not the type of player that is selfish and the injury issues alone negate the argument that he is selfish or lacks a high motor. Also, the whole taken plays off argument, all great players take plays off every now and then. If the ball is not going Clowney's direction, then I understand him letting his teammates work for the tackle this year, instead of stressing his foot any further in a slim hope of running down the ball carrier.

EDIT: Follow @ScottCarasik if you are a Falcons fan. He is one of the most knowledgeable guys IMO. Today he wrote that NFL GM's will look into Clowney's background and work ethic and see that there are no issues. Also said that front offices will tell the presses different things, like a smokescreen, to keep their agendas hidden from other franchises.

If Clowney is available by the time the Falcons pick, they will take him. Defensively, the Falcons need all the help they can get on pass rushing.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote