View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default ALL SEC TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Didn't see this anywhere, but if it is feel free to delete mine or merge it.

Only JD and Kelci made first teams and Mike Davis, cornerback Victor Hampton and spur Sharrod Golightly made the second team.

Many would question the logic of voting...but in my mind while Shaw, Davis and others were VIPs as Gamecocks and helped us win...I would argue that perhaps only Kelci deserved first team honors.

Regardless - glad JD made it. Shaw was GREAT but certainly not the best QB in the league in terms of putting up the kind of numbers that Manziel did or others really.

I would personally PICK SHAW as MY first QB over any in the league, but he wasn't the best statistically which is what ALL SEC usually is based on.

Same with Mike Davis. He was awesome, but not the number one back in the league when all the dust settled. He tailed off the last three games with injuries, etc.

Anyway I'm proud of our guys as a team, but obviously we were not elite if you look at the all SEC deal.

"I'll hang up and listen..."
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote