View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: how is coach botkin as a recruiter?

Yeah, I won't pretend to know the op's reason for the thread, so I'll just address what I think one of the points is.

The LB corps was was devastated by graduates last year, so this year saw a completely new lineup of starters and backups. They were/are all inexperienced and undersized (as far as weight). The group struggled with just about everything in the beginning of the season. As the season progressed, the group became more comfortable with their assignments and started making some plays, and at times were actually a strength for the team. They still mess up occasionally, but we can't expect any group to be perfect all the time. I actually think Botkin has shown his value as a coach this season. Come next season, I expect the LBs to be a significant strength of the team, especially if they all pack on some pounds. Which do you think is easier to do, coach five or six guys who have are all seniors and have had significant playing time in the defensive scheme, or coach a group of guys who have never/rarely seen the field and are new to the scheme (and in many cases) new to the college game?