View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: how is coach botkin as a recruiter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Thank you..that is what i was after. He pulled walton and moore..got it.

Also, its a little early still to totally assess him as a recruiter, at least in my novice's view. Seems like only the really great ones can start getting lots of top flight kids after 2 or so years. Seems like it takes 3-4 years to build the "pipeline". He came from texas high school so it might take him a bit to build the regional network. I think he's an upgrade from EJ on a one to one level but EJ's statewide and regional contacts were essential to building the program imop. I like that we've got some guys like sands and elliott who are SC guys. Also spurrier and some of the other guys have been around long enough now to know just about everyone in the Carolinas. I personally feel pretty good about him now given the scramble to get LBs last class and how good those froshies were and how the whole corps developed. He's probably not 100% responsible but he would be getting most of the blame if it went the other way. Deke is the only guy on the defensive staff that I'm not 100% good with at this point, but he's got another year or two to show what he can do.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote