Thread: CFB Nation
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit
Default Re: CFB Nation

Those teams are:

Bama
Auburn
Florida
Florida St
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn St
Stanford
Texas
Texas A&M
Southern Cal

The majority of those teams are college football's bluebloods, the cream-of-the-crop. Like it or not there will always be significantly more fan interest in these teams. Oregon and Stanford are the newer kids on the block. I have never even been to the Pacific Northwest, much less lived there, so I can't speak to the fan interest in Oregon up there, but they obviously have one heck of a program and their program generates a lot of national interest due to their style of play, uniforms, notable players, etc. Stanford's inclusion on College Football Nation is the only team where I take a step back and say "hmmm." Granted, their program is currently one of the best in the nation. But does it really generate that much fan interest? They have a 50,000 seat stadium.

I understand A&M's inclusion because they are the new exciting program with an enormous fan base.

As for Carolina, I don't think we have such an enormous fanbase or national interest to justify a Gamecock blog.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote