View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: Steve Spurrier Field at Williams Brice Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
i hate that name....i have never used it and i know no one personally who refers to our Stadium as the Cockpit
As of now, we have two nicknames for the stadium, The Cockpit and/or Willy B.

I prefer The Cockpit myself. Willy B is just short for Williams-Brice, that's it.

I understand The Cockpit has been around since the mid 70's and has lost it's luster of the years for whatever reason, same will happen if we name the field after a coach that's approaching 70 years of age. What if his predecessor wins more SEC Championships and National titles than SOS in a shorter amount of time? Will we change the name of the field again to appeal to the next generation?

Spurrier would have to build us into a dynasty to deserve naming the field after him and we are not a dynasty by any stretch of the imagination. Not yet, anyway.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote