View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Steve Spurrier Field at Williams Brice Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
What's wrong with Willy B's nickname that's been around for 40 years or longer, The Cockpit. It's the perfect name for a teams stadium that is known as the Gamecocks.

He'll have to win a NC or two, to name the field after him. That's not something you want to change any time soon.

There's a lot more things we can do to show our appreciation for SOS than naming the same field a new coach would be coaching on.
No one outside of a faction of fans calls it the Cockpit. The national media doesn't, nor has the school ever embraced it. I want a nickname we can use officially that everyone embraces. One we can actually put up in the stadium. A place two birds fight to the death won't ever make that list.

Every time I bring this up I get this response. I understand some of you like it, but the school doesn't endorse it and as long as you hold on to it there will never be the swamp, the horseshoe or between the hedges nickname the entire country recognizes.

All that said, definitely not time yet. He needs to win championships first.