View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: Steve Spurrier Field at Williams Brice Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
No one outside of a faction of fans calls it the Cockpit. The national media doesn't, nor has the school ever embraced it. I want a nickname we can use officially that everyone embraces. One we can actually put up in the stadium. A place two birds fight to the death won't ever make that list.

Every time I bring this up I get this response. I understand some of you like it, but the school doesn't endorse it and as long as you hold on to it there will never be the swamp, the horseshoe or between the hedges nickname the entire country recognizes.

All that said, definitely not time yet. He needs to win championships first.
So it's all my fault? Listen, I know what you're saying but some people that have been fans since the 70's, still saying the Cockpit a few times a year on message boards has nothing to do with the University not accepting a permanent nickname for the stadium. The University of South Carolina is in South Carolina where change happens very slowly. Don't blame a select few of fans, blame the board of trustees or the AD.

And yes, I would like for them to adopt a permanent nickname for the stadium that is used through the season by the fans and the media, but The Cockpit is all we have, Willy B. shouldn't even be in the discussion, but those are the two nicknames we have.

Come up with a better nickname and submit it to the University, but blaming some fans for the lack of a permanent nickname is ludicrous.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote