View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #16
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coach Must be Doing Something Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
It starts with recruiting and then is followed by "coaching 'em up".

Just think...

Within days of one another...

1) Alshon Jeffery sets the all-time record for single-game receiving yards for the Chicago Bears -- a team that is nearly 100 YEARS OLD!

...and

2) Captain Munnerlyn sets the franchise record for pick 6's in a single season for the Carolina Panthers.

These are major recruiting points.

Used to be, naysayers would take shots at the Gamecocks, saying our guys couldn't cut it in the NFL. They sure aren't saying that anymore!

Wonder which gas station Lane Kiffin is working at these days!
I love the South Carolina Gamecocks and the players/coaches who come through here. I just wish all this talent and great coaching would start resulting in SEC and national titles.

I realize that only a few teams other than Auburn, Florida, LSU and Alabama can lay any claim to the SEC over the last decade or two though.

So USC has to get more players that have to choose among the SEC's top programs and USC has to play better in road games.

But the play of former Gamecocks in the NFL is a great tool to have in the tool bag when hitting the recruiting trail.