View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #3
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Wisconsin Game ESPNU

Wiscy has 35 rush TDs on the season... they are among the top 10 in the country in rushing ypg and they average about 6.6 ypc...this all amounts to an average of 283 yards per game on the ground and those are power yards, between the tackles. We absolutely cannot give up that kind of yardage. ASU effectively shut down the power running game by bringing extra heat off the edge w/ corner and OLB blitzes. Gordon is no joke though - he has home run capability. He's a burner and has great vision. Their qb hasn't done a single thing to catch my eye. Granted their running game has dominated this game so far, but he isn't overly accurate and he definitely doesn't bring the running threat to the table. He does seem like a good leader and it appeared he brought Wiscy all the way back to kick a FG as time expired but the refs kind of screwed Wiscy.

All in all, their offensive approach is without a doubt to ground a pound until the 3rd and 4th quarters and hit a few big ones. They also throw in the play action but the Wiscy qb doesn't do a great job of selling the fake to Gordon so hopefully we stay on our assignments. Their OL is gigantic - pretty much as big and talented as anyone we've faced. Our defensive speed, especially on the line and in the defensive backfield, should allow us to keep them under 20 points pretty easily. I am thinking we can win about 31-17 just like Clemson.

Sidenote - their Special Teams have not impressed me. Muffed punt, punter doesn't seem to have a boomer for a leg, etc. Coverage seems to stay in their lanes so it's tough to get one back on them.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote