View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/12/2...mas-thank.html
Quote:
Growing up in Duncan, South Carolina, I never really cared too much about football teams in South Carolina. I never understood the pride of our state and why Clemson and South Carolina football was so big. I was always a fan of players, never the school, but for some reason when I got the offer letter from South Carolina at the end of my 11th-grade year, I was excited, not knowing what would unfold the next four years of my life.

Brad Lawing and Jay Graham came into my living room a couple weeks before my senior season in high school began to wind down. We talked for about an hour and honestly, I don't remember a thing except when coach Lawing asked me if I had any concerns. I told him what was in my heart, that I felt a lot of pressure to go there and contribute to be somewhat the face of Carolina football and turn the program around.

Coach Lawing said three words that really stuck with me forever -- "Just be yourself.” I knew after that where I would be attending school.

Did my three years at Carolina turn out the way I wanted? No. Did it turn out the way that God wanted it? Yes, and now I'm here in San Francisco and I realize that’s all that matters, and I wouldn't change a thing that happened.