View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
One of the handful of times I got really mad at HBC was having Marcus out wide BLOCKING in a stationary position with the play coming right up behind him. Why in the world HBC had our all American RB BLOCKING out wide, I'll never understand. If not for that play Marcus would have finished out that year and we probably beat Arkansas running the ball with him and Marcus may have stayed all 4 years. Goes to show how one play can change a career. Duncan boy Marcus!
I'm sorry, but your post makes no sense. Because someone is a star on the team means he shouldn't have to do things other than what make him look good or highlight his ability? Part of what makes Marcus so special is the fact he's unselfish, and blocking on a play is a fine example of that trait. As for being stationary, maybe he wasn't supposed to be. I'm sure it would have been much better if he had put the guy on the ground with a crushing block or driven him backward, but that didn't happen. Your post makes it seem as though guys like Alshon Jeffery should never have blocked for Lattimore downfield. Would that have made sense? Anyway, much love for Lattimore and what he represents.