View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I'm sorry, but your post makes no sense. Because someone is a star on the team means he shouldn't have to do things other than what make him look good or highlight his ability? Part of what makes Marcus so special is the fact he's unselfish, and blocking on a play is a fine example of that trait. As for being stationary, maybe he wasn't supposed to be. I'm sure it would have been much better if he had put the guy on the ground with a crushing block or driven him backward, but that didn't happen. Your post makes it seem as though guys like Alshon Jeffery should never have blocked for Lattimore downfield. Would that have made sense? Anyway, much love for Lattimore and what he represents.
Makes sense to me. Don't put your star RB out wide blocking putting him in a position to possibly get hurt which happened. Spurrier knew where that play was going and to have Marcus out there blocking was just not smart. Alshon was a wide receiver and that was part of his job, to block, so that remark makes no sense. Marcus was our RB, should never have been out there. Anyway, agree with your last sentence so we'll leave it at that.