View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re-Recruiting Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC843 View Post
I've said this before, and i'll say it again. Its a recruiting tool. You don't want the reputation of begging players to stay (see: Dabo). Nick Saban is one of the greatest recruiters of all time and he always says something along the lines of, "If you give me three years, i'll give you the NFL."

You have to remember that these recruits, above all else, want to get to the NFL. They are just trying to pick the best "ride" to get them there.
Exactly. Which is why it's hard to sit here behind a keyboard and get mad at coaches for letting players leave early. Some players (especially highly rated recruits) come here knowing that they are going to play in the NFL one day. It's hard to sit there and get mad at anyone for a kid chasing their dream.

You're talking money here. It's easy to sit here and say "hey you stay here and you have the chance to get drafted even higher, and you could use to time", but when you've got a clear chance at getting drafted THAT year is the negative risk, really worth it? Sure, selfish fans/coaches think it is. Sometimes the player agrees it is. But a player is going to do what he (keyword there: what HE thinks) thinks is best for him.