View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default PC Gaming Conversation

Okay, so we all know there are games for some people and games that are NOT for some people...first of all this is not a BEST GAME OF ALL TIME thing...

Because for an exhaustive list to NOT include Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kingdom Hearts etc...this crime should be punishable by death.

Maybe we could each list our favorite games we've played (beyond just nostalgia) and why we enjoyed them...sort of a compendium from various gamers. I know I haven't played many games outside of my preferred genre and at time I wonder what I've missed

Now that PCs are back on par with consoles (in my mind far beyond consoles...) I'd like to list my favorite games and if I can phrase it, why i enjoy them.

1. Skyrim
First of all with the right add-ons (stable ones) this game is stunning graphically, the game has bugs sure...most do but the workshop/nexus has fixes for most of them
The game has enough side missions and random occurrences for me to have logged over 200 play hours and STILL be interested in it...which shocks the hell out of me.

2. Mass Effect Series
These games are both fun AND nostalgic for me, I wish they had changed some things in M3 but still very entertaining and the story is great! ME appeals to the adventurer in me bc of all the races and social dynamics and because it seems more "technologically" realistic than say star wars where their tech seems to digress...I play these through during the non-football months.

3. Fable
This game is stylized fun. Meh on the story but the gameplay is entertaining and I was excited to play fable II..too bad 2 is onyl on Xbox and III is strange but oddly fun as well as available on PC

4. KOTOR (NOT THE MMO)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic...a classic and considered by many to be the best RPG of all time...it is older and the graphics aren't all spiffy and new, but the depth of story and the sheer SW aspect counts for quite a bit for me. Very fun and a Must have for any SW or RPG fan...even though it's a step in the wrong direction for graphic must-haves.

Honorable Mentions:
-World of Warcraft...I lvoe this game, I really do. I love it just as much as i HATE it...I hate the attachment I feel to characters and stories and other people inj this MMO. I love it as much as I HATE, HATE, HATE Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria expansions....I HATE that WOW has made me hopeful for Warlords of Draenor expansion

If you are an addictive personality...avoid this game.

-Baldur's Gate 1 & 2/Throne of Bhaal--an original rpg that is one of the first true computer games I ever played...so it's likely nostalgic

AVOID AT ALL COSTS:
SWTOR the mmo
I was stupid excited about this game and I now feel like my testicles were dipped in a wood chipper, covered with molten cheese and tossed casually into a briar patch. Terrible game as far as MMO's go. BioWare SHOULD have made this single-player WITH a multiplayer optional function because in all honesty....The leveling storylines are (true to Bioware's roots) some of the best in ALL of gaming...but the implementation of the MMO was tragic and terribad...simply stated, it went free to play within a year of an 8 year waiting period.

I've played all the Bioshock games and I was never impressed, they moved slowly and I just didn't like any of them.

Last edited by Biocockanics; 12-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote