View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why I think Tennessee's class of 33 is against the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think if this was truly a legitimate loophole, then everyone would be doing it, but they aren't. Each school has their own staff of attorneys and compliance people going over all the rules. There is a pretty good discussion about this in the Derrell Scott thread. I would have advised UT to contact the NCAA before going through with this to get their opinion in writing before proceeding. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Recruiting rules are almost always written very clearly to make sure they are not misunderstood.
Exactly. Even if you want to argue no one noticed it before Butch, they knew it before the Dec. 1st deadline since their class was past the limit before then.