View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor McLaurin out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Simply the fact that McLaurin has been a good fullback doesn't make it a huge loss. It's not a huge loss unless there's a big dropoff between him and the next fullback in line. IDK if that's the case. If it is a big dropoff, we'll probably see mostly shotgun this game. I didn't see Mike Davis having a big game anyways because Wisky has a stout run D and veteran front 7. Their secondary is their weakness and I think Spurrier is going to end up going pass heavy regardless of our fullback situation. Yes, McLaurin would be valuable in pass blocking in the I-form but we can pass just as well from the shotgun IMO. I can't necessarily say that for running the ball.
#1 FB: McLaurin - 12/12 games appeared in, 5 starts (not every game utilized a FB in it's base offense)

#2 FB: Gist - 1/12 games appeared in (Coastal), 0 starts

There's your big dropoff......

Plus the game is tommorrow......doubt there will be much time to give Garrison the lion's share of practice snaps now to help gear him up for Wisconsin. For that matter, doubt there's ANY time to prepare a B-plan for the game if we were planning on using a FB substantially versus Wisconsin. We're just going to have to wing it against a top-10 run defense and hope for the best. Although last year Michigan supposedly had a top-10 pass defense, and we threw all over them, so we'll see.....