View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney Signs w/ Bus Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Signing with Roc Nation would have gotten him way too much exposure but probably more money initially. I think this is a smart choice because agent or no agent hes going to get massive exposure. The xtra baggage and bad press associated with him signing with Jay Z isnt worth the extra coin up front. Considering his second contract will be like winning the lottery i predict.
Isn't there a cap on the NFL draft now? The days of insane amounts of money are done. He's going to get the league maximum for a rookie. The rest of his money will come from his endorsement deals with major companies like Under Armour, or Pepsi, etc. He'll probably need to sign a marketing group/firm to control all of his potential endorsement deals.

His first major endorsement will probably be his shoe deal. I'm sure Under Armour has been in his ear as soon as he signed with Cook trying to persuade him to sign with them.