View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talonsGSC2013 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Would Clemson ever fire Swinney over USC losses if they keep going?

Many of my friends are Clemson fans, and honestly, quite a few have said they didn't like that shot Swinney took at USC in the bowl celebration. They said that Orange Bowl win meant so much to them after what happened in the West VA game, and they just didn't think it was the time or place to try to knock back at Spurrier. And I agree. Spurriers was post-game also, but, his just had a different tone to it.

Spurrier has obviously gotten to Swinney and that program.

I ask, would the losses to USC ever get Swinney fired?

What if USC beats Clemson in 2014? 2015? What if this streak starts pushing 7, 8, even 10 games?

Would it ever get to a point that Swinney could be winning 10 games a year, but, at say 7 straight losses to USC he may lose his job over it?

Some may say it is hypocritical, but, Swinney's comments were way more out of line than Spurriers. The win meant so much more to Clemson's program than USC's. USC won another New Years bowl over a BIg10 team. 3rd in a row. Great win, but, not program defining.

The Orange Bowl, for Clemson? The history of that bowl, that team, and their performance there 2 years ago.....no reason Swinney should've even had USC on his mind at that moment. But he did.

And in a funny way.....its great for USC.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote