Thread: Stir-Fry
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stir-Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
The cool thing about a Wok is that you can stir fry just about anything. Generally it is a mixture of meat & veg with a light sauce. Try this, works every time

Choose your fresh veg, cut all in approximately the same size.
Buy a pound or less of fresh shrimp depending on how many are eating

First heat your wok to rocket hot, as hot as you can go. Add about a tablespoon or two of canola oil & immediately add the veg. toss veg for a couple of minutes never ever walking away from it. Remove the veg when tender but still has a bite. Put another tablespoon or so of oil in wok & throw in shrimp, toss around until about half done & add some Soy sauce, a dash of sesame oil & I always like to add a teaspoon of hoisin sauce, use some chicken stock to loosen it a bit then throw your veg back in. If you want it to be a thicker sauce just take some corn starch mixed with water & add until consistency you want. Remove & eat.
Thank you for those simple instructions. I have some shrimp in the freezer that I will thaw this week and strir-fry for dinner. I have little experience creating sauces, so your recommendation of chicken stock, sesame oil, soy sauce, and corn starch was helpful.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote